I Can Haz Hearing Aid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I Can Haz Hearing Aid?

I'm going to take the backing track and lay down my side of the rhythm guitars soon.

Comment

Looking forward to the rhythm as I'm sure you well know!!!

Not to drag this out re: the video but again I have to ask what is the problem???

Here's the easy way:

Hook up your guitars and whatever else exactly the way you normally do. Only thing you need to do extra is make sure that you're coming out of a speaker somewhere and that your phone or camera is within "hearing" range i.e. the phone or camera will pick up the audio from the speaker via its internal mic. (and obviously this will not work if you're using headphones solely while you're recording i.e. the phone or camera has to be able to "hear" you). So you now end up with your normal audio recording/file which is no different from usual but you ALSO end up with the video on the phone or camera that has audio on it. Then you put it (all the files) somewhere for me to download, I use the two audio tracks to align the video with the normal audio recording, and then remove the phone's or camera's audio track. And done. Where's the problem???

For the love of whatever. Somebody just try it. I'm not talking about setting up your audio interface with your phone or camera or anything like that. It's not necessary.

C'mon. Give me a few seconds of the rhythm part as you normally would do (preferably in time of course!!! LOL!!!) and footage from a phone or camera taken at the same time as while you were laying down your track. You want more takers here??? Trust me on this one.

P.S.

I'll make a deal. Gimme thirty seconds of something. If you don't like the result: I'll drop the idea totally (for now!!! LOL!!!).
      Last edited by dpaterson; 02-26-2019, 02:13 PM.

Comment

no problem with the video. Just two issues :
        - i have never shown my face on the net for non professional purposes and I kind of not feel like doing it. I tried wearing sunglasses but then I am completely blind, (I wear elderly glasses to play the geetar already, no #2 !!)
        - I believe the video can be done at a second stage. The video will have sound and be based on the finished song, so synching will be a piece of cake.

The whole finished song can work as a moivation for the participants to also provide some video. So if we get a little bit more flexible we may achieve bigger. + The anxiety of doing mistakes will not be there, for the obvious reasons.

If besides LLL, also Archer contribute, then I commit to also do (apart from rhythm, yngwie and Goldy) Lynch as well.

Deal?

(jesus this will be a looooong process )
        Last edited by greekdude; 02-26-2019, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
          no problem with the video. Just two issues :
          - i have never shown my face on the net for non professional purposes and I kind of not feel like doing it. I tried wearing sunglasses but then I am completely blind, (I wear elderly glasses to play the geetar already, no #2 !!)
          - I believe the video can be done at a second stage. The video will have sound and be based on the finished song, so synching will be a piece of cake.

The whole finished song can work as a moivation for the participants to also provide some video. So if we get a little bit more flexible we may achieve bigger. + The anxiety of doing mistakes will not be there, for the obvious reasons.

If besides LLL, also Archer contribute, then I commit to also do (apart from rhythm, yngwie and Goldy) Lynch as well.

Deal?
          Who said we want to see your face anyway??? LOL!!! Point the phone or camera either at the fretboard or at the body of your guitar.

Video later??? Well that's fine if you're prepared to redo/re-record the entire song all over again at some point (which I don't see happening). And you're are not going to be able to mime those solos in a way that's believable.

Comment

Of course: you could dress up. Red spandex outfit, makeup, wig, long earrings, you get the idea. Nobody will ever know it's you. I assure you of that!!! LOL!!!

And it's going to be a long process. Yes. If we're going to do it proper anyway. It's actually quite a complicated production with all of those solos let's be honest. And not to mention that we don't have the luxury of all being together in one studio. And we're (you're) trying to cover some guitar icons and this in only a few days. And let's not forget about vocals here either. And all of this makes it all the more of a challenge. But if we get it right (and it doesn't end up looking or sounding amateurish): well that's serious bragging rights (and who knows what else could come of this).

Might be prudent to also note: there's no rush on this. Better for it to take longer but end up being perfect and a showpiece.
            Last edited by dpaterson; 02-26-2019, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Layed down the full rhythm guitar tracks... all the way through. Man, the longest rhythm track ever!

It's not a track that's difficult to play; it's very easy, however, have to count out measures so you don't get lost...

...and have to do it twice for doubling!

There's 3 rhythms going on - L track, R track (the doubling) and xtra track (for accents).

When greekdude is ready we can combine his with one of mine for L & R tracks, and use my xtra track.

Here's a sample (with four solo ideas I came up with for fun) with the dpaterson backing track:

Comment

The full enchilada for "proof-of-concept":

For when it all kicks in, go to :38 or so.

Comment

You always put a smile on my dial!!!

Any chance of your uploading the tracks without the backing track (and making sure their download permissions are set)??? Just wanna see roughly where we’re at.

Just an observation:

It’s going to sound odd if some of the solos are covered while others are original.

I’ve unfortunately listened to this track (the original with solos as well as the solos by that other dude in the videos) so many times now that if something doesn’t follow the original then it sounds wrong and out of place.

Oddly enough: just realized today I’m having the same issue with the solo contest i.e. have listened to my own submission so many times (and am still finessing it but much along the same melody) that now when I listen to the other submissions I’m (my brain is) expecting them to follow the same pattern or melody and it takes some effort to clear my head and listen to the other submissions in their own right. Suppose there’s a technical or scientific or pschyological explanation for this. Needless to say though: even more difficult to clear your head of original material and to stop comparing with improvised material for the same song.
                  Last edited by dpaterson; 02-27-2019, 08:44 AM.

Comment

LLL set the bar high. Where the funk is our singer ? Using LLL's non-boring backing track and with a little concentration (i.e. not shouting to my son to answer the door bell while hoping its not my cousin, listening with one headphone and recording at the same time) I think I'll nail rhythm and the solos.

Comment

LLL set the bar high. Where the funk is our singer ? Using LLL's non-boring backing track and with a little concentration (i.e. not shouting to my son to answer the door bell while hoping its not my cousin, listening with one headphone and recording at the same time) I think I'll nail rhythm and the solos.
                      I just reassembled my recording setup. Someone send me the most current version of the track you want me to use and I'll record and repost. I did ask if there was a deadline. My life isn't going great at the moment.
                      The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Yeh. Notice his timing??? LOL!!! (Only joking with you i.e. just taking the mickey out of you is all).

Our intrepid vocalist did say he'd participate just as long as there wasn't a deadline so chill. The track isn't anywhere near ready for vocals in my opinion. I'm not done with the keys and then there's the rhythm parts that are surely not final???

The above being said: you do realize that we need more guitarists and vocalists??? So still places left at the table everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post
                          I just reassembled my recording setup. Someone send me the most current version of the track you want me to use and I'll record and repost. I did ask if there was a deadline. My life isn't going great at the moment.
                          that sucks man. all the best to you. I believe the latest upload by LLL is great as a basis. I will start using it right now I hope.

Comment

LLL make it downloadble pls. I mean your whole track upload : https://soundcloud.com/lefty-lounge-...s-dp-full-test , no option to download.

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterson View Post
                              You always put a smile on my dial!!!

Any chance of your uploading the tracks without the backing track (and making sure their download permissions are set)??? Just wanna see roughly where we’re at.
                              I plan on doing that, however I want to do just a pinch of EQing for a slightly more "metal" tone a la the original, then upload that and get the thumbs up or down.

Once that's done, then I will upload the "official" .wav files for use.
                              Last edited by LLL; 02-27-2019, 03:27 PM.

Comment

LLL make it downloadble pls. I mean your whole track upload : https://soundcloud.com/lefty-lounge-...s-dp-full-test , no option to download.
                                Done.

Comment

Working...
                                X