Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I Can Haz Hearing Aid?

Hello everyone.

I feel I should apologize at this point for not keeping up my end of the bargain in putting the bits and pieces together this week. Sorry. My personal issues are taking their toll on my creativity!!! LOL!!!

The above being said: it's Friday afternoon and there's sweet fu*k all I'm going to be able to do on a Friday afternoon that's going to improve matters. So let me get with the program and put these latest bits and pieces together.

For what it's worth: if it's the last thing I do on this planet I'll mix this song real nice with what we have.

Downloading stuff now.

Chat later.

Comment

Hello Dale, any news on this? There is plenty of work done here it's a pity to let it stale.

Comment

Between the countrywide power outages in effect since last week (currently averaging eight hours per day split in two four hour outages) (and on one occasion double that amount) and me still trying to sort my sh*t out there's not much hope in getting this done at the moment I'm afraid. It is what it is at the moment.

Comment

Hi.

Looks like we may be having a slight reprieve, as of yesterday, from all of this power sh*t here so if you upload the WAVE files that you want me to use then I'll try complete this thing (I have LLL's WAVE files).

They should preferably be 44.1kHz 32-bit (IEEE Float) WAVE. 24-Bit PCM (uncompressed) WAVE is fine too though just as long as the sample rate is 44.1kHz.

Comment

Hello Dale,
            I think we got some issues here.
            - There is absolutely no interest / help from the Seymour Duncan forum. Not even one solo contributed.
            - I must confess that with the help from the greek forum, *all* solos were covered and some initial attempts to cover the voice.
            I told them to join, but those guys just wont register and make an account here. So, I got my own pressure to run business/family/etc, and I got no resources to allocate playing the intermediate between the greeks and the SD forum. The right thing to do is continue here, and the main guy (gvour) who took over at the greek forum also agrees that the thing is correct to remain SD-owned. But, my time is over with this. No time at all for anything basically.

I just wish you Dale fast solution to your problem, new account, new deal, anything that would move things forward.

At a later stage we may resume from where we left.

Comment

Well. For what's it's worth (and as they say in the classics): I'm back (much as that may disgust some). Unfortunately it cost me my Blaze (for slightly half of its landed value). But that at least has bought me just over two months to make the next plan, it's saved my car, facilitated my moving to a nice brand new spot, and as it turns out the deal is now being fast tracked and with others in the pipeline that could come to fruition soon. So that's me. Have not set up all my gear as yet but will do so in the next week or so and then maybe we can continue??? Just this morning: was listening to all that was contributed and it would really be a total fu*king waste to just let this go (that's my opinion). Was listening to this sh*t on my home theater system today and actually: it's pretty fu*king awesome. So there you go. Thought I was gonna meet Dio last month. I guess that will have to wait a little while!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterson View Post
                Well. For what's it's worth (and as they say in the classics): I'm back (much as that may disgust some). Unfortunately it cost me my Blaze (for slightly half of its landed value). But that at least has bought me just over two months to make the next plan, it's saved my car, facilitated my moving to a nice brand new spot, and as it turns out the deal is now being fast tracked and with others in the pipeline that could come to fruition soon. So that's me. Have not set up all my gear as yet but will do so in the next week or so and then maybe we can continue??? Just this morning: was listening to all that was contributed and it would really be a total fu*king waste to just let this go (that's my opinion). Was listening to this sh*t on my home theater system today and actually: it's pretty fu*king awesome. So there you go. Thought I was gonna meet Dio last month. I guess that will have to wait a little while!!!
                I'm still good. But we totally derailed from the plan as far as offering solo slots to people here.

We need a 100% massaged and working backing track so people can download it and do the solos to contribute.

Once that backing track is ready, I said I would start a new thread to get people interested in contributing.

BTW I realized that I offered my rhythm guitar tracks .WAV files with panning. If you'd prefer them mono I can do so.

Comment

Just before I had to pack my stuff up I actually made a pretty high quality backing track (nice levels and everything) using your tracks as you sent them so all good. Didn’t upload it though i.e. I still need to finish fixing (more like re-recording actually) the keyboard part (my bad i.e. with all going on at the time I just didn’t get around to finishing). Am going to be setting up my gear again in the next few days and will then complete. Would be nice to get the solos already done in .WAV format in the meantime though. Once this is all done and assuming you approve then start your thread and let it run from there as you see fit with the solos. Also need vocals badly though.

Comment

Man I had stoppped visiting this page or your profile as I wasn't seeing any logins. But this is just great! I am really glad it turned out so positive! Don't mind about the blaze, you'll get a better one. But ehmm car? You never said anything about any car! Man you are hiding things!! haha !!! welcome back man!!!

In the meantime! Gvour put together a really great song. BUT, he edited the rhythm parts, and excluded LLL's parts, cause I didn't want to steal from the man. But once the thing returns to SD of course you'll compile something with all of us in it. This guy (Gvour), is so good (dpaterson level), super talented, etc , ego in the minus scale (I wish I could say the same for myself), etc that he'll happily contribute all of this when he solves some minor issues he's got.
                    What I mean here, is that enormous work has been done there, but the thingy "forked" (as we say in computers) from the main branch.
                    Last edited by greekdude; 04-07-2019, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Just before I had to pack my stuff up I actually made a pretty high quality backing track (nice levels and everything) using your tracks as you sent them so all good. Didn’t upload it though i.e. I still need to finish fixing (more like re-recording actually) the keyboard part (my bad i.e. with all going on at the time I just didn’t get around to finishing). Am going to be setting up my gear again in the next few days and will then complete. Would be nice to get the solos already done in .WAV format in the meantime though. Once this is all done and assuming you approve then start your thread and let it run from there as you see fit with the solos. Also need vocals badly though.
                      The solos are all ready man But you guys (you and gvour) should somehow need to start talking.

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
                        But ehmm car? You never said anything about any car! Man you are hiding things!! haha !!! welcome back man!!!
                        Dude. You don't deal with the type of people I deal with arriving on foot or on a bicycle and in shorts and a t-shirt I assure you. First (and subsequent) impressions count for a lot. Besides: had I mentioned my car (given its make and model) I'd have had further insults thrown my way. Anyways. Enough of my personal problems. Fact of the matter is that nowadays people just don't give a sh*t about the next guy. If nothing else: I've learned that lesson the hard way. And that's a good thing.

Moving on...

Still have not set up my gear. Given that I now have a space problem I'm going to have to be selective as to what I actually do set up and where. But hopefully I'll be able to at least set up my DAW and monitors in the next day or two and go from there with all of this.

How do we get in touch with these other dudes???

Comment

Good morning Dale.
                          Here is the thing. We decided to keep the two versions separate. So if anyone wants to contribute back he'd have to upload his wavs so that you can grab them. Which means that this project is still active here as far as solos are concerned and I believe this is the correct way to go.

I didn't get this with the shorts and t-shirt, what do you mean? Here we are stuffed with stray dogs who bite ppl no problem, etc.

Comment

Hi,

disclaimer : no LLL used in the final product, just dudes from noiz.gr .
                            The guy who sings and also covers Vivian Cambell and the dude from Blue Oyster Cult also did the editing, mixing. So he fixed my rythm here and there and also made it sound "double" whatever that means. He is a true master! Others cover other solos, there is coverage of every solo. I handled all the rythm, and the solos by Malmsteen, George Lynch, and some others (twisted sister at the beginning , Goldy, etc). All ppl play great guitar in here. Enjoy!

Comment

Sounds fantastic man....killer job with the solo's & the vocalist is great too! There's a hell of a lot of work gone into that...glad it turned out awesome
                              Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 02-14-2020, 11:22 PM.
                              "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                              If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                              X