X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I Can Haz Hearing Aid?

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
    okie, so mp3 is cool?
    anyway if you include them with your backing MIDI it should work right out of the box. What do you need to check?
    I just want to make 100% sure that YOU were out of time on the "chugga chugga chugga" bits is all!!! LOL!!!

Seriously though: I just pulled in the two tracks you uploaded and they fit like a glove with absolutely no shifting or any fancy tricks. Sounds pretty amazing (in most all parts). So in principle this works absolutely perfect UNLESS you were NOT out of time in which case there's a serious problem.

That's what I want to check i.e. compare your .MP3 to what I render out now with the tracks that you've already done together with the backing track.

Really just want to be sure before we go any further i.e. just to make sure there's no glitches and that we've got no compatibility issues or sample rate issues or anything like that.

P.S.

Do you mind if I upload what we've got so far??? Pretty excited about this.

Comment

Ok, you may check the mp3 above. Cool to upload, to keep us posted on the idea of the final product!

Forget about being out of time, it was a small mistake I corrected in my DAW, you shouldb't be able to notice by ear.

hey hmm which means I WAS NOT OUT OF TIME... what do you mean we have problem, I dont quite follow...
      problem + correction = correct
      correct + correct = correct
      we aint got problem + problem = correct situation, that's for granted.
      Last edited by greekdude; 02-24-2019, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Hello.

Well the good news is that technically we have no issues at all i.e. it works perfectly with no fancy footwork at all required to time align the tracks. Simple matter of pulling up either the original MIDI file or the audio backing track and overlaying your contributions.

The bad news: you're out of time!!! LOL!!! Sorry. Mostly on the "chug chug chug chug" bits i.e. on the little hook you come back in almost perfect time every time. Same on your .MP3 I'm afraid so it's not a technical problem.

Listen to the beginning of the song. Pretty much on target (time). But (for example i.e. it's out before here but this is more pronounced) when we get to 1:40 the timing goes out until 1:57. Then you come right back on time at 1:58 thru 2:32 and then out again. And so on and so forth. And it's not a technical problem because the very end of the song is dead on (pretty much a good yardstick).

Last edited by dpaterson; 02-24-2019, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Anyways.

All I can say is well done and thanks for the effort. By the time you've practiced this for the next month and played it 10 000 times it'll be perfect (and you'll be so sick of the song that you'll never want to hear it again!!! LOL!!!).

Nice tone too I must say.

I am at least confident that we can do this now in sections taking files from all over the world and stitching them together nicely. I know that theoretically there should NOT be any problems doing this but there was no harm done in checking before going further. As I said at the beginning: "we have the technology"!!!

And NO: you're not getting off the video thing that easily either!!! But we'll argue about that later.

Comment

No 10,000 times, just one more time. The problem is that the MIDI drums+bass track is a souless construct that is boring and dull as hell to play along. I mean you should be worried if I kept on time 100%. Anyways, I got distracted at times, talked to my son, wife, etc .... I will give it another shot next saturday. The clean part I guess is here to stay.

Comment

No 10,000 times, just one more time. The problem is that the MIDI drums+bass track is a souless construct that is boring and dull as hell to play along. I mean you should be worried if I kept on time 100%. Anyways, I got distracted at times, talked to my son, wife, etc .... I will give it another shot next saturday. The clean part I guess is here to stay.
              Well suit yourself!!! LOL!!!

Please do be advised though that I'm trying to put something together here that is as close to professional as is humanly possible while at the same time not being a professional (if that makes sense). If somebody wants to take over and relax things a bit: then by all means go ahead. No issue will be taken I assure you.

Comment

That's why I asked you for the complete MIDI in the correct tuning before. Hearing the vocal melody helps a lot, and keeps you awake. Can you pls do that? So the plan is :
                1) you upload the full correct MIDI in the correct tuning, in both midi and wav format, please, that will allow so that :
                2) on parallel some people start to work on solos and vocals
                3) i practice my solo parts (Malmsteen, Goldy and maybe some Lynch)
                4) I redo the whole rhythm palm muted part next weekend and upload it
                5) you glue them down all together and present the progress of the whole work
                6) iterate over steps 2 and 5

seems fair?
                Last edited by greekdude; 02-25-2019, 01:36 AM.

Comment

That's why I asked you for the complete MIDI in the correct tuning before. Hearing the vocal melody helps a lot, and keeps you awake. Can you pls do that? So the plan is :
                  1) you upload the full correct MIDI in the correct tuning, in both midi and wav format, please, that will allow so that :
                  2) on parallel some people start to work on solos and vocals
                  3) i practice my solo parts (Malmsteen, Goldy and maybe some Lynch)
                  4) I redo the whole rhythm palm muted part next weekend and upload it
                  5) you glue them down all together and present the progress of the whole work
                  6) iterate over steps 2 and 5

seems fair?
                  Hello.

Consider it all done!!! LOL!!! To follow during the week that is. Agreed, agreed, agreed, agreed, agreed, and agreed (all six points of yours).

Comment

Alright. Time for me to tear myself away here and go do the other inane stuff I need to do which cannot be helped or avoided. Urgh. And somehow I need to get in some practice of my own too (have made that a hard and fast rule i.e. daily even if for only an hour).

Chat later.

Comment

Bump. Any activity/interest in this? Come on ppl!

Comment

• I Can Haz Hearing Aid?

Honestly, I had a little interest in the beginning but you guys are taking this to a level that I’m not interested in.
                        I have no desire (or time) to shoot a video and post it up here tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                          Honestly, I had a little interest in the beginning but you guys are taking this to a level that I’m not interested in.
                          You are not interested, your call, but posting irrelevant banners which occupy half the page is creating needless noise to anyone who might be interested.

Comment

You are not interested, your call, but posting irrelevant banners which occupy half the page is creating needless noise to anyone who might be interested.
                            What are you talking about?

Comment

Bump. Any activity/interest in this? Come on ppl!
                              Well I'm still here obviously. As I said: just had some stuff to take care of this week. But am busy doing the keys to substitute for vocals until we get a vocalist and so that you can lay down your stuff IN TIME (and that it's not so BORING for you)!!! LOL!!!

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                              Ah c'mon now. Don't be a spoilsport. We need somebody like you (TRUST me on this one!!! LOL!!!). We're talking roughly TEN SECONDS of solo!!!

I really don't understand why the issues with the video though??? There's REALLY nothing to it. Just put a camera or two on, do your thing as usual, and send the stuff to me. I'll take care of the rest. REALLY do not see the problem or the resistance to it. I mean: wouldn't you like to SEE your fellow forum members doing their thing??? I would. And not to mention the fact that I don't see it having been attempted here before. To me: it's a step up from just another attempt at some or the other collaboration. But that's just me. As I said: I'm quite willing to back off and let somebody else take the reigns and who may be more relaxed about the whole thing. I just want to try put together something good and something different and something special. And IT CAN BE DONE!!!

P.S.

@greekdude and @Archer250 have ALREADY videos of their stuff on the solo contest thread. That's all I'm talking about. Nothing more. Hey: if you wanna go and put up lights and fog machines and lasers and whatever else well great. But not necessary. Just what they've done ALREADY will be great!!!
                              Last edited by dpaterson; 02-26-2019, 12:13 PM.

Comment

No video here. I understand the concept, but that will severely dwindle down our already dwindled-down number of contributors.

Too much. And we don't want audio from an iPhone or similar.
                                Last edited by LLL; 02-26-2019, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X