Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I Can Haz Hearing Aid?

Originally posted by dpaterson View Post
    Alright. For those not sure what we're on about here follows three videos. For those interested: actually WATCH them as in ANALYSE them. I'm not seeing the problem here. Not with all the talent on these forums. And not with the technology that we have at our disposal (which they did NOT have at the time might I remind everyone).

First (below) is "the making of" really (gives me chills to watch it I'll tell ya).
    Second is the final version or product.
    Third is the Metal Allegiance collaboration of "We Rock" (which I've posted before i.e. this just an example of what we can accomplish here).

Just one thing that's kinda obvious to me though: it's the vocals that can make or break this idea.

I can do it, or I wouldn't offer.
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post
      I can do it, or I wouldn't offer.
      I'll tell you a little secret: I listened to some of your stuff on ReverbNation a while ago (before this idea). So I have no doubt that you can!!! LOL!!!

So vocals yes. What about one of the guitar solo parts also???

Bass (player in the band be interested maybe)???
      Last edited by dpaterson; 02-19-2019, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterson View Post
        Not sure what “if I wasn’t so vulnerable lately” means???
        Nothing unusual, typical troubles that parents go through, but nevertheless hurt a lot. Will let you guys know ASAP.

Comment

Depending on if there's a deadline or not (hopefully not, or not a huge one) I can probably pull double (vocals/bass) or triple (vocals/bass/solo) duty if no-one else is interested.
          The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
            Nothing unusual, typical troubles that parents go through, but nevertheless hurt a lot. Will let you guys know ASAP.
            No problem at all. Sorry to hear you're having troubles. What can I say??? It happens to the best of us at one time or another. When you're ready then.

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post
            Depending on if there's a deadline or not (hopefully not, or not a huge one) I can probably pull double (vocals/bass) or triple (vocals/bass/solo) duty if no-one else is interested.
            Nope. No deadline at all. And sounds great. Thanks for the offer. Sounds good to me anyway.

In the interim here's (below) the same backing track that I uploaded above (Vinnie Appice drums) but with the bass line added. Really don't know how good or how bad this particular MIDI track is that I'm using so if you've got a better one then feel free to upload. Had to mix this using pink noise i.e. a bit difficult (for me anyway) to get the balance right with only bass and drums. Sounds alright (for now) on my monitors and PA though. But really only a temporary measure anyway.

Last edited by dpaterson; 02-19-2019, 05:19 AM.

Comment

If there's no deadline, I am 100% in! What we need is some organization who does what.

Comment

Cool to see peeps jumping in... there's no deadline.

Maybe once we do an official post, others with volunteer.... I'd suggest "Friendly Solo Contest 3: Stars" or something

And there's no f****** way I'm doing a 30 minute guitar solo wankfest by myself.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                  And there's no f****** way I'm doing a 30 minute guitar solo wankfest by myself.
                  But you're already almost halfway there??? LOL!!!

P.S.

OK. I'm being nice. But you're already a tenth of the way there!!! LOL!!!

Comment

We could list the original players and divide by the number of participating members here. Lets say we got 10 of them and here we gather 5 player members, we must cover 2 guitarists / member.

I really love some collabs in youtube with Jared Dines, StevieT, etc... those are awesome

or divide in time slots independent of the original player. Which IMHO is less flexible but easier to implement.

Comment

We could list the original players and divide by the number of participating members here. Lets say we got 10 of them and here we gather 5 player members, we must cover 2 guitarists / member.
                      Great idea.

Comment

Well looks like ALL of us (all FOUR of us at this point) are thinking along the same lines. Nice.

I’m still busy with my thought process. Sorry for the delay. But new things just keep coming up.

For one thing: watch the video and then listen to the audio track. Two very different things. Compare intro. lengths and number of solo parts. So we’re going to have to decide on an arrangement anyway (our own???).

Comment

LLL I got a question man, I am listening the official solo parts and they are different than the beginning in your version, can you point me of the source that you copied from? I am saying this because you said the beginning is supposed to be kinda similar but the lick at the beginning of your vesrion sounds better than :

ok i got it, you covered the long version...
                          Last edited by greekdude; 02-19-2019, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Hello.

There's a number of versions of this so far as I can tell. I've just watched (and listened to) the versions that I've found online. The solo parts have been rearranged depending on which version you watch/listen to. So my opinion: there's no hard and fast rule as to how we approach this.

Also noticed that there is a keyboard part!!! LOL!!! Now THAT I can contribute NO problemo.

Tell you one thing: I never realized how complex, and awesome, this song really is. A lot of work went into this. But I believe that we (you all) can do it justice.

Comment

ok i got it, you covered the long version...
                              correct.

Here's a good YT vid with the entire song (no extras about the making of, etc) starting from the beginning:

Comment

I'll suss out the original guitarists' sections.

Comment

Working...
                                X