• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I Can Haz Hearing Aid?

Our version needs to be 110 bpm.

Comment

Of course here's the other end of the spectrum.........

One DIO...

Comment

This guy here shows which part is played by whom, and he does a great job playing the solos:

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterson View Post
          Of course here's the other end of the spectrum.........

One DIO...

I jammed to that this morning on my way to work...
          Just saw this thread and its a good read and a great track no doubt about it! LLL you did a good job on your recording and playing... good stuff dude!
          87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
            This guy here shows which part is played by whom, and he does a great job playing the solos:
            Would it help if I cut this video into parts i.e. one part for each solo section??? Lemme know (it's time consuming so don't want to do it if it's not gonna help anybody).

Also been thinking of a way that we could get this thing down to include the intro. etc.

One thing comes to mind (albeit that it may be cheating to a degree):

I could lay out all the intro. and vocal parts with keyboards. Then we put the intro. and vocal parts down and then just remove the keyboards??? Wouldn't work for a live performance of course but given that we just want to record and produce a video???

Comment

That would definitely help.
              I gave it some serious listens and the solos are not trivial at all. In fact I am curious how I didn't pay attention back then. I guess it was not thrash-enough back then
              Some parts (e.g. by twisted sister, BOC are easy), others are hard (cambel and some others), but lynch and especially malmsteen are really really hard.
              I could remotely try the malmsteen stuff but I gotta start early on, cause it will take huge transcription effort, long riffstation sessions and practicing.

so if you could isolate it, what can I say, you rule!

Comment

Hey, hey.

Another Riffstation user!!! LOL!!! Sometimes the best stuff in life is the cheapest huh!!! LOL!!! By the way: they're stopping selling it and updating it (apparently some or the other new piece of software coming out) so make sure you've downloaded the final release from Fender from here: https://www.riffstation.com/2520674960.html

Yeh. Was wondering who was gonna tackle the Malmsteen and Campbell parts!!! LOL!!! Good luck.

I shall separate the video and post a post for each solo then. For what it's worth that's normally how I get something right i.e. break videos into small sections and play them back on repeat in VLC Media Player at a slower tempo.

Comment

Hi.

Here's a copy of the same video (with the solos). I've just added a timecode to the video for easier reference for everyone. It will also now aid me in splitting the file up into the different parts.

P.S.

For the sake of interest: you could take this video, pull it into VLC Media Player, and set the "in" and "out" markers and VLC Media Player will then continually repeat the video between the two markers.

I shall continue to split the file though i.e. some may not have VLC Media Player.

Comment

Thought we were gonna do our own "Stars" solos and not cover the original solos...?

Comment

Errr... That you guitarists need to decide (preferably before I continue with these videos!!! LOL!!!).

Here's (below) Craig Goldy's first solo (I think there could be more than one).

I've taken the liberty to insert a metronome at the beginning of the clip but you all need to tell me if this is great and necessary or not (and by the time I've carved up this footage into the different solo parts I'll be able to play each of these fuc*ing solos MYSELF!!! LOL!!!). Basically if you just pull the thing into something as simple as Windows Media Player and stick the thing on repeat it will count in and then repeat. And by the way: his titles are a fraction out i.e. sometimes they come just prior to a new section starting and sometimes just after (I'm trying to split based on hand movements and notes on a frame-by-frame basis but this doesn't necessarily mean each solo is going to come in "note perfect" i.e. that could take some REAL time).

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                        Thought we were gonna do our own "Stars" solos and not cover the original solos...?
                        You scared of that Malmsteen sh*t??? LOL!!!

As I said above: you dudes need to decide.

My idea was to "make it our own" but by that what I meant was cover the thing "well" but we could chop it up depending on the number of guitarists that were contributing. Dunno if that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                          it will be a cover anyway we try

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
                            it will be a cover anyway we try
                            True.

Please see my posts (videos) above and advise...

Comment

superb. I'll start right away. If we make it liberal as LLL suggests we might do more than 1-2 players/member.

Comment

Errr... I need to know if I must continue to split the solo parts and whether or not to include the intro. metronome???

Comment

Working...
                                X