Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I Can Haz Hearing Aid?

Originally posted by dpaterson View Post
    You scared of that Malmsteen sh*t??? LOL!!!

As I said above: you dudes need to decide.

My idea was to "make it our own" but by that what I meant was cover the thing "well" but we could chop it up depending on the number of guitarists that were contributing. Dunno if that makes sense.
    Learned a few bits n pieces of Malmsteen back in the day but it's a style I'm not good at and not that interested in.

Yeah I figured we would just do our own solos over the backing... more fun that way, and a good exercise.

Comment

Well fair enough. As I said: you dudes decide.

I think I'll continue splitting the solos from that video anyway (with the metronome count-in). Some may find it useful (myself included).

P.S.

Must just say that I for one have always shortchanged Craig Goldy but I tell you: his solo on that Dio video (Dio on his own signing this song in Japan) is sure nothing to be sniffed at that's for sure.

Comment

ok I think I semi-got the first yngwie, its just 10 seconds, and im working all evening on riffastion with speed to 1/4... wtf...

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
          ok I think I semi-got the first yngwie, its just 10 seconds, and im working all evening on riffastion with speed to 1/4... wtf...
          Sounds good. Keep going. Soon enough it will come natural and be perfect.

Always amazes me actually. The entire solo for the song is not even three minutes long. But if one could play the entire thing perfectly and note for note it could be life changing i.e. once you have it all down then there’s pretty much no solo that a person could not play. All that in under 180 seconds!!!

Comment

Eddie Ojeda Guitar Solo 1:

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterson View Post
              Sounds good. Keep going. Soon enough it will come natural and be perfect.

Always amazes me actually. The entire solo for the song is not even three minutes long. But if one could play the entire thing perfectly and note for note it could be life changing i.e. once you have it all down then there’s pretty much no solo that a person could not play. All that in under 180 seconds!!!
              true for the 80s and early 90s. Today, kids doing guitar work (like Jared Dines, Steve Terreberry, etc) go way beyond the 80s era. Young players today have all this for breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
                true for the 80s and early 90s. Today, kids doing guitar work (like Jared Dines, Steve Terreberry, etc) go way beyond the 80s era. Young players today have all this for breakfast.
                Yeh but do they have class and tone!!! LOL!!!

P.S.

Matter of fact I find it ironic that all of the '80's rock and metal tone was labelled as "generic" on my Vivian Campbell thread. The stuff of today is more "generic" than ever if you ask me (probably because all the new kids on the block are using the same amp. sims.).
                Last edited by dpaterson; 02-22-2019, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Craig Goldy Solo 2:

Comment

Eddie Ojeda Solo 2:

Comment

Wait for it... Wait for it...

Vivian Campbell Solo 1:

Comment

Brad Gillis Solo 1:

Comment

Vivian Campbell Solo 2 (just makes me wanna grab a Jackson, choke the sh*t out of it, and dig in) (I'm not biased or anything of course.........!!! LOL!!!):

Comment

Neal Schon Solo 1 (isn't this the dude that used to play with Gary Moore???):

Comment

George Lynch Solo 1:

Comment

Neal Schon Solo 2:

Comment

Working...
                                X