Family Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Pics

So i scrolled a bit, and didnt find a recent thread of your bass family pics. Sharing now.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Re: Family Pics

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3037.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	5813035
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

It’s a small family...

Originally posted by The Commodores?
      "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

|| Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3006.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	5813058

Comment

Originally posted by some_dude View Post
            They all look so good in white! Clean, classy, and understated is a great way to go. Makes the collection as a whole unit fit so nicely.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
              They all look so good in white! Clean, classy, and understated is a great way to go. Makes the collection as a whole unit fit so nicely.
              I like the way it looks good under the stage lights and that doesn’t show sweat and greasy finger streaks the way black does.

As you can tell I’ve become a real fan of it.

Last edited by some_dude; 02-27-2019, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by some_dude View Post
                I like the way it looks good under the stage lights and that doesn’t show sweat and greasy finger streaks the way black does.

As you can tell I’ve become a real fan of it.

So is the jazz bass your fav then, and did you have to do anything like pickups to get the sounds you want?
                The squier jazz bass I had was white, I really miss it these days!

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
                  So is the jazz bass your fav then, and did you have to do anything like pickups to get the sounds you want?
                  The squier jazz bass I had was white, I really miss it these days!

I started off with a Jazz bass and it’s what I played with my last band, so most of my pictures I have of me playing feature it.

I picked up a P Bass last year for an R&B/neo-soul project because I was looking for a more old school sound (no pics, just video). That P Bass turned out to be pretty mediocre sounding but I didn’t know what I was looking for in a P Bass when I chose it. Now I know better.

The second P Bass was chosen after playing every other bass I could get my hands on and waiting for the one that had the right sound. It has way more low midrange than the first one, but is still balanced up top, which gives it a lot more texture and density to the note. My new band is more of a sludge/stoner band so that P Bass will probably be my main bass for that band.

I haven’t messed with pickups much. For the most part I find that if you listen to a passive bass acoustically that’s what it’ll sound like plugged in, so just listen for a good sounding bass and go from there.

What I do mess around with is strings. Each brand/type has its own attack, response and EQ... so I’ll try different strings until I find the ones that best suit that bass.
                  Last edited by some_dude; 02-27-2019, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X