Bass GAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bass GAS

I called a guitar store that was advertising a used vintage modified precision PJ bass lake placid blue for $230 shipped I offered $200 and they accepted but when they went to go pick it they said they had just sold it in store over the guys lunch so haven't taken down the listing yet.
    They said sorry, they have a brand new one, I told them I have $240 and that's it... They said they would let the new one go for $240 shipped which is $60 off, to make up for the used one being gone. I thought that's not perfect but not bad and I can just get the amp a bit later when I have a little more funds. Plus it's brand new with warranty such and such which is kinda nice.

They had just switched to a new payment system though, and twice it declined my card yet still gave me pending charges. But could not seem to get the payment accepted on their end. They're gonna hold the bass until my card drops the pending charges and then give me a listing on Reverb that I can use PayPal for cuz my PayPal has never failed.
    So I basically have an Incoming Bass Day pending...

I think I'll be happy with it, at least i know it will be fine to learn on. If it's not that great I can return or exchange it. Beats driving to Las Vegas with no guarantee of finding anything.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Comment

Those Vintage Modified PJ basses are nice. You'll be happy with that. Almost got one myself when I was bass shopping last year but after playing so many, I kept getting drawn back to one, a Sterling SUB Ray4. Plays great, feels great. The stock electronics are good but the pickup is OK. It's good but I needed smoother. Enter the Seymour Duncan SMB-4. Wired in parallel, pure bass goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
        Those Vintage Modified PJ basses are nice. You'll be happy with that. Almost got one myself when I was bass shopping last year but after playing so many, I kept getting drawn back to one, a Sterling SUB Ray4. Plays great, feels great. The stock electronics are good but the pickup is OK. It's good but I needed smoother. Enter the Seymour Duncan SMB-4. Wired in parallel, pure bass goodness.
        The sub Ray4 looks really good and if I wasn't kinda a fender/squier fan I think I would be into those a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
          The sub Ray4 looks really good and if I wasn't kinda a fender/squier fan I think I would be into those a lot!

I was originally going for a P-Bass. Then I picked up the Sub Ray4. Changed that plan...LOL. Nice narrow nut width like a Jazz that gets wider like P-Bass higher up. I've got a Talman bass at the house too that is my teenage daughter's and the nut width on it is close to a P-Bass to my hands.

Comment

Sweet I got the bass ordered. I'll slowly look for an amp now.

Comment

Have fun :

(IMO the narrow nut width could be a problem on a Thunderbird but not on a J-Bass
              and most bassplayers like the J-B anyway...)
              Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Originally posted by some_dude View Post
                I’d choose a bass based on its sound.

Choosing a bass based on the nut width is rather silly. Find a bass that sounds good, then learn how to play it.

IMO.
                Not at all. I always choose a bass/guitar that's comfortable and resonate first, I need to feel it. The electronic can be swapped easily if the sound is not top notch. Same with bridge/tuners/nut.

Comment

Working...
                X