STC-3M4 Slap Switch Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STC-3M4 Slap Switch Issue

First posting, and unfortunately it is because something isn't working right.

Summary so far:

About a month ago I purchased a STC-3M4 pre-amp. I got is specifically for the Slap Switch. I have a similar one on another of my basses, and while I don't actually play slap, I found it useful to be able to insert the mid's to move forward in the mix and cut them to tighten my sound and slide back in the mix with a simple onboard switch.

I got it in and installed it according to the instructions it came with. (https://www.seymourduncan.com/wiring...ckup,bridge-mm) I couldn't get it to cut really. What was supposed to be the Outer Mid Cut adjustment trim-pot all one way did nothing and the other way gave a substantial boost; almost like it was actually the Bass Boost. The Inner Bass Boost trim pot did nothing either direction. Honestly, the first bass I tried it in is really mid heavy/high output so I kind of wondered if the cut really wasn't supposed to do much, and when i finally got a chance I put it in my P Bass, and got the same result.

I put in a support e-mail with SD, but then saw on the forum someone else had a similar issue. They had noticed that the brown and green/white wires from the slap switch were correct, but on the board side were reversed from the instructions. They said they were told to swap them and that seemed to fix it. I looked at mine and they were the same way (just those 2 wires, all others were correct to instructions), so I swapped them. Trim pots still behave the same, but my mid and bass controls have swapped. I'll put them back tonight.

I figured I would reach out here and see if anyone else had any similar experiences. I'm hoping SD has a solution for me, but I'm kind of afraid something is wrong with it.

Re: STC-3M4 Slap Switch Issue

Welcome to the forum, and I am soffy your preamp isn't working properly here. If you don't get help here, and you don't get a response from Customer Service in a day or so, I would try to call them. We do't have a ton of bassists here that use that system these days, so I don't know how many here are familiar with it. Call them @ M-F 8:00-5:00 PST
    +1(805)964.9610
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Re: STC-3M4 Slap Switch Issue

I appreciate the response. I'll give them a call if I don't hear from them. You know, now that you mention it, I have noticed that I don't see many people mentioning that pre-amp.

Comment

Working...
      X