Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I Can Haz Cobain Tone

I got my DS-2 used for 40$. :P
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
      Add a little high end and some chorus and you’ll nail it.
      Nevermind toanz are my least favorite. Favorite studio sound would be In Utero but their live carnage is my favorite. Have a listen to the clean tone in the intro. Sounds super pawn shop and yas there is pick sound. Similar to my toanz. Er my toanz are similar.

Last edited by Clint 55; 03-13-2019, 07:54 PM.
      The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
        Use a thinner pick to get rid of some of that attack. Kurt used a .60mm Orange Tortex. 10-52 strings if you care about that, too. Also get a DS-1.
        Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
        I got my DS-2 used for 40$. :P
        I don't like playing with distortion. It totally kills the uniqueness of my sound. I guess if I had a giant rig I could find a way to sound organic, but I'm not in a band right now. Is there a box that still sounds organic? I really like the intricacies of the guitar and amp in clean tone. Here's one of my favorite Cobain clean toanz. Love that washed out sound. I'm obsessed with how Cobain played Fender a lot even thru Fender and it never sounded like a bluez guitar. It sounds like him and slacker rock. Good point about thinner picks etc. I can give it another try with my new amp maybe.

Last edited by Clint 55; 03-13-2019, 07:46 PM.
        I bought them for you

Comment

I think it's funny you love Kurt's tone, but don't like using distortion. Seriously, watch the used bin at GC or a local Music Go Round, grab a DS-1 for like $25, and get your mind blown by how much it sounds like In Utero through your Twin.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Okie dokie! Yea I'll do it. It's because I like most being able to hear all the intricacies of my guitar and amp and every box I've ever tried kills that. Also because I'm not in a band situation in a jam room, instead just tinkering around in my room and don't feel like blowing the roof off the place.

Some more epic clean tone for you peeps. It's a hot rails bridge. Listen to that gain!

Last edited by Clint 55; 03-13-2019, 08:38 PM.
            I bought them for you

Comment

Clean stuff is important, but I feel like playing Nirvana's stuff without distortion is kinda missing a lot of what the music was about. Their best songs built on the soft/loud dynamics thing that the Pixies invented years earlier. The lithium clip you just posted is a great example of this. It's all about the dynamic change that goes on.
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Ya I know. I'd use a box for a band. I was just talking about enjoying tone at home.
                I bought them for you

Comment

Do you have the box set?
                  “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I had it when it came out but I've lost it since then. I just listen on utube these days. I know pretty much their entire catalog plus all their shows in good quality. U?
                    I bought them for you

Comment

Yes. Was going to reference “Scentless Apprentice.” You need the Boss Gainz.

Comment

Yaas. I'll get it. Scentless Apprentice is one of my favz! I know the in utero version (duh), the box set demo, plus the insane live versions at the live n loud, hollywood rock, and roseland ballroom.
                        I bought them for you

Comment

I love on the demo when you hear Dave Grohl saint he wrote this song, then plays the riff.

Comment

Yaas. His only A side composition and it's 1 of the best!
                            I bought them for you

Comment

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                              ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                              ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                                Ya I know. I'd use a box for a band. I was just talking about enjoying tone at home.
                                Enjoying tone at home...Damn Clint, that was borderline homosexual I hope Lisa doesn't read this or you're doomed to extracting those clean tones by yourself from now on.
                                87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X