Project sneak peak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project sneak peak

I just threw this together the other day on a whim to see what it would look like and I might move forward on this because I have everything I need to put it together.

Strat body in Sherwood Green and relic’d
    Kramer American neck
    Orig Floyd
    Warmoth parchment guard.

Unsure on the pickup(s) yet, these are mock up only.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	#6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	5851065Click image for larger version

Name:	#5.jpg
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	5851066Click image for larger version

Name:	#4.jpg
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	5851067Click image for larger version

Name:	#3.jpg
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	5851068
    Attached Files
    Last edited by metalchurch79; 03-23-2019, 01:36 PM.
    87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Re: Project sneak peak

The weird angle that you took that picture at and the shadows had me thinking that you had some weird offset Strat body. Very nice, I hope to see how it turns out.
    Last edited by Chistopher; 03-23-2019, 01:32 PM.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I don't understand why my ipad uploads them upside down but if I transfer them onto my pc they are oriented fine. No matter I got a few corrected....
      87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

So I guess you're a lefty? The guitar looks good and I dig the Sherwood green. BTW you reached 666 likes at this moment...Satan must be proud of you.

;>)/
        sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

I walk the left hand path indeed! Hahaha! Thanks bro!

Comment

I almost forgot I made this thread...
            Anyways, I've been slowly getting some stuff done to it and it's coming along really good so far. I still have a lot more relic'ing to do and I have to blend it in a little better so it doesn't look too contrived although it will to some extent until it ages together a little while.

Im going with a mint green slanted humbucker/1vol so this pickguard is mock-up only. Prob a reverse zebra Duncan of some sort. I may try a Custom since I never tried one and it's likely within the realm of my preferences lately.

Name:	#@@@.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	5813697

Name:	#@@.jpg
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	5813698

Name:	#@!.jpg
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	5813699

Name:	#@!!.jpg
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	5813700

Name:	#@!!!.jpg
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	5813701

Name:	#@!!!!!.jpg
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	5813702

Name:	#@!!!!!!.jpg
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	5813703

Some pics you guys have seen this morning but I figured Id just go ahead and throw them all in here to keep them in one place.

The hardware is really coming along poopy looking isn't it? I almost feel bad because a lot of these parts were OG 80's Kramer parts in excellent condition but I never use chrome hardware so I used up some stuff I've had laying around, such as this whole guitar actually.

Edit:
            Here is a mock-up pic I just found showing the nut and some of the scallops.. The nut was relic'd more, and the string retainer was relic'd after this pic was taken though..

Name:	#@!!!!!!!!.jpg
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	5813706
            Last edited by metalchurch79; 04-20-2019, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Got the waterslide on and I'm calling it a day. I might try to get a flash coat and a semi-light coat of clear over the decal once it dries a few hours.

Name:	#@!!!!!!!!!.jpg
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	5813707

Comment

That guitar will look pretty cool after you get it all together.

;>)/
                sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Pretty mad but all the pictures got mirrored.

Comment

Hideous

Cant wait to see what it sounds like
                    EHD
                    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Haha yea I think I would have been better off throwing it in a pond for a few months and then hooking a chain to it and dragging it to the store...haha

Name:	#@!!!!!!!!!!.jpg
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	5813715

Name:	#@!!!!!!!!!!!.jpg
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	5813716

Name:	#@!!!!!!!!!!!!.jpg
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	5813717

Name:	#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!.jpg
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	5813718

Here's the last of my work for the day... I took all the black finish off of the Floyd and the trem bar. Still not done yet but these are what I have going on.

I also ordered the mint green slanted hum pickguard from Warmoth earlier. Now I just need to figure out the pickup situation...

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                        I walk the left hand path indeed! Hahaha! Thanks bro!
                        We should join forces and make all these righties come to heel... like the insolent whelps they are.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                          We should join forces and make all these righties come to heel... like the insolent whelps they are.
                          I'm saying this as a natural born and raised lefty.

Left handed guitars are really big dumb. You pay more for a smaller variety of guitars with harder to find parts and the used market is easily a 10th the size. Plus your guitar cable has to cross over your body to get to the pedals.
                          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Absolutely and if I were to do it all over again I would have learned right handed just because of all the cool guitars out there. I also wouldn't have to build everything I like or wait for years until something pops up.

Something else that sucks is all this damn time Im putting into something to make it look like total crap. I never specifically done this before (on purpose), so it's def new to me. I got a lot of cool relic'ing tips online over the years I just never had a reason to apply them to anything. This will just be a beater anyways and I may put it in D standard, but depends on the pickup and how it sounds down tuned. Some guitars like it and some don't, this one probably doesn't give two ****s one way or another Im sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                              I'm saying this as a natural born and raised lefty.

Left handed guitars are really big dumb. You pay more for a smaller variety of guitars with harder to find parts and the used market is easily a 10th the size. Plus your guitar cable has to cross over your body to get to the pedals.
                              Who needs pedals?

The best part about a left-handed guitar is no rightie will defile it with their dirty, grubby, insolent whelp mitts.

Our revolution is coming... whence that becometh, the sinister hand shall rule the galaxy.

Comment

Working...
                              X