Need help from discerning ears -- Whitesnake/Sykes content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help from discerning ears -- Whitesnake/Sykes content

I have 3 mixes right here. They are excepts from the Whitesnake classic Still of The Night. I'd like you guys to pick what you think sounds the best. These are the exact same dry tracks reamped through different rigs. The stereo right tracj remains the same while the stereo left track is mixed differently with each file.

Personally I prefer the second mix, but that may be just me.
    Mix 1
    0%
    Mix 2
    50.00%
    Mix 3
    50.00%
    Last edited by Archer250; 03-27-2019, 05:56 AM.
    Originally posted by Myaccount876
    Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Re: Need help from discerning ears -- Whitesnake/Sykes content

Made a fourth mix that should make the guitars clearer

Last edited by Archer250; 03-27-2019, 09:05 PM.
    Originally posted by Myaccount876
    Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Upon a quick listen, I liked 3 the best.
      TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

As somebody who not only discerning ears but is also (apparently) OCD and not to mention a perfectionist: 3 for sure.

Comment

Try double tracking twice, panning wide L & R, then running all 4 tracks through some very mild stereo chorus (slight delay between L and R).

Like so:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Whitesnake tracking.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	5813504

Originally posted by John Sykes
          For the rhythm on ‘Still of the Night’, I used my 1978 Black Les Paul Custom”, Sykes said. “At that time, I had a Dirty Fingers pickup in the bridge. I plugged in two Mesa/Boogie Coliseum - which are great-sounding amps. I ran the gain at about 4, so the tone was heavy but clear [...] and I tracked in stereo with a slight delay between the two sides. Then I doubled the part.

Comment

Working...
          X