Boo-urns (Mikro-bass content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boo-urns (Mikro-bass content)

I was all geared up to come on posting about cleaning up my Ibanez Mikro Bass, and restringing it with an old set of flats. Had the A,D,G all on, sounding and playing great, when I put on the low E, clipped it a little too short, and the stupid core snapped.

Guess it's gonna have 3 flats and a cruddy round E
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: Boo-urns (Mikro-bass content)

oooops

Comment

I’ve had this bass awhile, never spent much time with it. Sure is fun, and pretty cool how much like a “real” bass it sounds.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Long scale strings won't work on a short scale bass most of the time.

And those Mikro basses are cool as hell...
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

The only issue I'm having is with the low E being too fat to fit down into the tuner. I unwrapped a few of the winds, but the core broke when I was tuning up.

Do I really need a specific set of strings? I don't mind old bass strings, and have a few sets of SITs with some life left in them. Of course, if I'm just going to trash those, I'll get a short scale set.

EDIT- Never mind. There's a set specifically for the Ibanez Mikro bass on Amazon for $18. It's a 5 string set (which is $7 cheaper than the 4), so maybe I'll make this thing BEAD.
          Last edited by JB_From_Hell; 03-29-2019, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X