Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splawn Owners Thread

Originally posted by man-in-moon View Post
    I have been missing my splawn a lot lately. I still kick myself for getting rid of it one day I will own another.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]101745[/ATTACH]
    Same head shell (Nitro shell) as mine except I have silver inside stripe and black outer stripes. See post #4

Comment

Re: Splawn Owners Thread

Originally posted by man-in-moon View Post
      I have been missing my splawn a lot lately. I still kick myself for getting rid of it one day I will own another.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]101745[/ATTACH]
      AH..... I was thinking someone here had a snakeskin Splawn..
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

What pedals/processors/effects do you guys use with your Splawns? The funny thing is that I’ve always got a pedalboard (big or small) connected when I’m playing my Fender or Victory. With my Mesa I usually have something, delay/reverb, some sort of overdrive. When I play the Splawn, I hardly have anything connected other than maybe a Wah. I guess that’s a sign I like the amp... I do wish it had the updated clean channel though....
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

My Splawn Competition 50.

Comment

I run a Rocket Archer in front and in the loop I have an H9 and a Strymon TimeLine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            2001 Les Paul Classic (Antiquity Set)
            2005 Les Paul Standard (Aldrich set)
            2019 Washburn N24 (Duncan Custom Shop PATB)

Comment

I run a Strymon Mobius, Duncan Silver Lake and Duncan Andromeda in the loop and up front I push the drive channels with a Friedman Buxom Boost( this pedal is pure magic) and the clean channel gets a little bump from an RC Boost. And of course theres my wireless/tuner, wah and Duncan 805 for the low gain stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                What pedals/processors/effects do you guys use with your Splawns? The funny thing is that I’ve always got a pedalboard (big or small) connected when I’m playing my Fender or Victory. With my Mesa I usually have something, delay/reverb, some sort of overdrive. When I play the Splawn, I hardly have anything connected other than maybe a Wah. I guess that’s a sign I like the amp... I do wish it had the updated clean channel though....
                What year is your amp?

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                  What year is your amp?
                  I think 2006. I got it used in 2007. I’m wondering if an EQ in the loop would let me tweak the lower mids that get too boomy on the clean channel.

Originally posted by SFW View Post
                  I run a Rocket Archer in front and in the loop I have an H9 and a Strymon TimeLine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I run a Strymon Mobius, Duncan Silver Lake and Duncan Andromeda in the loop and up front I push the drive channels with a Friedman Buxom Boost( this pedal is pure magic) and the clean channel gets a little bump from an RC Boost. And of course theres my wireless/tuner, wah and Duncan 805 for the low gain stuff.
                  Thanks guys.
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

^^^ oh yeah, I’m positive an eq in the loop would work great.
                    Yours is first year of production if I’m not mistaken (don’t quote me, but it’s def an early one).
                    You don’t have the loop volume mod, I’m assuming?

Comment

^^^ oh yeah, I’m positive an eq in the loop would work great.
                      Yours is first year of production if I’m not mistaken (don’t quote me, but it’s def an early one).
                      You don’t have the loop volume mod, I’m assuming?
                      Yes, it’s early. It has the three gears on the gain channel but no loop volume.
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Just bumped into this thread very cool. I'm an accidental splawn lover. Traded PRS ce24 4 A perfect condition street rod plusd an incredible Mexican strat.

Thought I would tell both of you fell in love with both of them.

I always heard they were only metal...boy is that wrong. Most versatile Marshall voicing I've ever had with a ridiculously clean channel as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
                        What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Originally posted by vmbarrera View Post
                          My Splawn Competition 50.
                          This looks pretty new - I see the mid cut and old/new switches. I love the look of the narrower limited knob Comp control layout. If you ever wanna sell or trade ... hit me up!

Comment

Working...
                          X