Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: '16 Ibanez RG655 Prestige, Galaxy Black, EX cond

Reusing my desciption from sevenstring.org

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: 2016 Ibanez Prestige RG655 in Galaxy Black, excellent condition, frets in great shape, one small ding on back edge (pretty good for an Ibanez), and some slight discoloration of the cosmo black on the lower bridge saddles (really minor, but I wanted to mention it). Stock DiMarzio Tone Zone in the bridge, Air Norton in the neck, and Blue Velvet in the middle. It's as close to mint RG655 as you'll find. Awesome guitar as are all the Ibz Prestiges, I bought to replace my old rootbeer JEM but I'm just not getting along with the new Ibanez Wizard necks, too thin for me.

Modifications (if any): No mods

Accessories (hardshell case etc): Ibanez Prestige Molded Case

Location (City,State or City,Country): Longmont, CO
    International OK? : No

Contact Info (No Phone #s) Please PM here

References (eBay or other forum userid): devastone here and on Seymour Duncan board, RGR7 on ebay, Roger's Gear Garage on Reverb

Price (include currency and if firm/obo): *EDIT*$675 obo PP'd and Shipped in the lower 48 US

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09408.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	5851113

Name:	DSC09409.jpg
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	5851114

Name:	DSC09410.jpg
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	5851115

Name:	DSC09411.jpg
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	5851116
    Last edited by devastone; 04-02-2019, 07:28 AM.

Re: FS: '16 Ibanez RG655 Prestige, Galaxy Black, EX cond

Edit - corrected price to $725

Also, I had the flash on the camera, the finish and fretboard are a little darker in person than the pictures.
    Last edited by devastone; 04-01-2019, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Trades or trades + cash?

Comment

Not really looking for trades but what are you thinking?

Comment

I have a carvin dc145 black, ebony fretboard, neck through body construction. Floyd trem, locking tuners. Its an awesome instrument but i think i miss the width of ibanez necks. The carvin's neck is thin but not like a wizard so it got some meat. But im not bonding that much with the actual width of the fretboard. Just a matter of preference. I can send you pics if this interest you

Comment

Thanks for the offer, but not really what I'm looking for. I am open to reasonable offers on the Ibanez though.

Comment

Price drop, $675 PP'd and shipped in the lower 48 US.

Comment

Ugh, this hurts. This sort of thing always comes along when I have other unexpected expenses.

Good luck with the sale. Some smart person will snap this up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mononoaware View Post
                  Ugh, this hurts. This sort of thing always comes along when I have other unexpected expenses.

Good luck with the sale. Some smart person will snap this up soon.
                  That's what credit cards are for! j/k

I went and looked to see what they've been selling for and dropped my price accordingly, and of course throw in free shipping and pp fees for forum bros. If I end up listing it on Reverb or something I'll have to add shipping to the cost.

It's a smokin' guitar, I'm just not getting along with the new Ibz necks, either they have gotten thinner or I've gotten older, maybe both. I played an old 89 rootbeer JEM for years (see my avatar) and my hand was formed to it, but they were a little meatier and roundier than the new Wizard necks. I probably do more chord-y things now too so a little more radius makes it more comfortable. I made a mistake in selling a Schecter to buy this one and now I'm back tracking, and in the end it's going to cost my $ because the Schecter I want has to come from Japan. Actually, I had killed the FS's on the Schecter but someone hit buy on the Reverb listing I got to it to shut it down, so, I got ahead of myself. But anyway, here is a sweet Ibanez, I'm taking a loss on it, but just need to get things settled down.

Comment

Come 'on, somebody has to be dyin' for this shred puppy! $650 gets it shipped to your door!

Comment

Weekend bump as I'm listing on Reverb.

Comment

SOLD on Reverb pending payment.

Comment

that is a super nice Ibanez. I love the color of it. Wish I had the cash...

Comment

Sorry Steph. I would suggest trying before buying one, I love the old JEM necks, but these new Super Wizard necks are really thin, like ~0.67". Maybe I'm just old and need to wrap my thumb around more for support now days
                            Last edited by devastone; 04-15-2019, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X