X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups for bass with 'rails' instead of individual pole pieces

Do they exist?
    Not interested in the aesthetics - practical reason
    I'm planning a build with non standard string spacing and am trying to figure out my options
    Thoughts? Suggestions!?
    Thanks
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Re: Pickups for bass with 'rails' instead of individual pole pieces

Lots of them. Most of the EMG soapbars, the Duncan soapbars. Joe Barden pickups. I make a bunch too, including Jazz styles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks! I guess I always assumed that under the covers were pole pieces ... good to know!
      gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Bill Lawrence EB-50, dual blade humbuckers. I have a set in my solidbody mandocello, and a set in my fretless Jazz Bass. Magnificent!
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Dimarzio Split P's as well
          TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

I believe the Duncan replacement bridge pickups for Rickenbacker basses are use the blade design as well.

Comment

Any blade pickup will work for bass, even if it is meant for guitar.

Hell, Fender put six-pole guitar pickups in their Musicmaster Basses back in the '70s, and I think they sound great.
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Yogi Berra was correct.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Nordstrand makes several rail pickups also.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                  Any blade pickup will work for bass, even if it is meant for guitar.

Hell, Fender put six-pole guitar pickups in their Musicmaster Basses back in the '70s, and I think they sound great.
                  Rickenbacker also uses toaster pickups with 6 magnets.

Guitar pickups that aren’t wound too hot sound fine in bass. Hot pickups have too much midrange and sound barky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X