Favorite Dual OD/Distortion Pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Dual OD/Distortion Pedal?

The one I wanted to get when I still used pedals was the Visual Sound Double Trouble. Essentially two 808 circuits. Set one to drive the other or set the second one as a volume boost. Very cool pedal. The Jekyll and Hyde is still a good one.

Comment

Just a question, does the higher gain side go on the left or right side traditionally?

Comment

Because the other 2 were posted, I will post this one too. It seems to be a little harder to find.

Click image for larger version

Name:	seymour-duncan-sfx-11-twin-tube-blue-106848.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	5813485
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

i have one of those too and while its cool and i think the eq is easier to share with this one, i prefer the ttc over the ttb. im sure others would prefer this one though

Comment

Boss Drive Zone (discontinued):

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
              The HT-Dual also needs its own specific supply. Iirc, it’s 16V. The metal version must be pulling more juice if it needs 22v.
              I think it depends when it was made and that Blackstar switched all their tube pedals to 22V at some point. My HT Dual is older and has the 16v AC adapter. My HT Dist is newer and has a 22v adapter—it also has a soft foot switch, though i bought it used used so that may not be stock. The HT Metal was a later pedal, so those may all be 22V.

Comment

Here are two pedals that don't come up very often.
                Both from Turetone, the XO VSO overdrive and the Jekyll and Hyde distortion.

Bought a Jekyll and Hyde and realized that I was using it more as a boost and OD so I traded it in for the XO VSO.

The XO-VSO's left side is a transparent OD which also makes a good boost.
                Its right side has more compression and gain. Also, both channels allow you to cut the bass.
                Both sides stack nicely.
                Also, the pedal has external in / out jacks for each channel and they can be used separately.

Really like the pedal, yet I'm more comfortable with my older FD2 regularly use it.
                Attached Files
                That is not dead which can eternal lie,
                And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

I like it how the truetone has in/out for both sides

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                    i have one of those too and while its cool and i think the eq is easier to share with this one, i prefer the ttc over the ttb. im sure others would prefer this one though
                    16 volts though? Could I run it at 18v or 12v?

Also maybe I'm being deceived by the name, but do these twin tube pedals have pre-amp tubes in them or is it just a play on the tubescreamer name

Comment

I think the only dual pedal I have is the Ibanez Jemini
                      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Favorite Dual OD/Distortion Pedal?

Originally posted by rainsong86 View Post

Also maybe I'm being deceived by the name, but do these twin tube pedals have pre-amp tubes in them or is it just a play on the tubescreamer name
                        Not sure about the twin tube but the Blackstar HT Dual does have a preamp tube.

Comment

The TT pedals do have tubes in them. And they don't run "starved plate".

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

It's been said already, but for a side-by-side overdrive/distortion, the good ol' Jekyll & Hyde covers a lot of ground.
                            "Live by the Groove, Die by the Groove."

Comment

Originally posted by rainsong86 View Post

i dont think they are designed to run at other voltages. there are actual tubes inside the duncan pedals running at real plate voltages

Comment

The tubes in the Seymour Duncan pedals are some kind of military-grade sub-miniature tubes, right? Not your typical 12AX7s?

Comment

Working...
                                X