Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JB/Super D hybrid

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
    It will function as one mag but its not exactly the same.
    It's basically the same according to cermag...

The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

A Super-D/PAF Pro would be a cool hybrid also
      87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Make one!
        I bought them for you

Comment

I don't really feel like it honestly because I'm busy on the internet, but I do have a black/pink 80's PAF Pro right here if you want it.
          87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Watttt
            I bought them for you

Comment

Here's some more toanz of my JB/Super D hybrid with a double thick A8 since the JB vs Super D thread is back at it. I put time stamps in the video description. There's 3 samples of clean then 3 samples of overdrive.

Click image for larger version

Name:	JB Super D 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	5817514

Been working at the recorded toanz since I have a quality mic and interface now. I tried turning on the treble boost and bass cut on the mic but didn't like it as well as leaving the mic flat and eqing the amp bright. The live toan was pretty friggin bright lol and it still didn't come off as overly bright in the recording. I have treble 7, mids 3.5, bass 5.5. I also have a 1 meg pot in the guitar with no tone.

Last edited by Clint 55; 11-05-2019, 01:52 PM.
              I bought them for you

Comment

Jesus, that sounds darker than a Tone Zone. That's with a 1 meg pot and no tone? Where did you have the mics positioned?
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Right up against it. And I eq'd the amp pretty bright lol! I'm in D standard tho, plus the double thick A8.
                  I bought them for you

Comment

Ah. Back the mic off an inch or two and see if it sounds a bit more representative. When you stick a mic really close to something you get a bass boost from the proximity effect.

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I tried it and you're right. 2 inches away reduces the boominess but still sounds good, full, and accurate. Farther away it starts to sound more roomy and trebly.
                      Last edited by Clint 55; 11-05-2019, 02:15 PM.
                      I bought them for you

Comment

I'm actually getting a good recorded tone. I really like this pickup (and guitar). I put the mic right in the center of the speaker 2 inches away and flipped the bright switch on the amp.

I bought them for you

Comment

JB/Super D hybrid

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                          I'm actually getting a good recorded tone. I really like this pickup (and guitar). I put the mic right in the center of the speaker 2 inches away and flipped the bright switch on the amp.

Guitar signal is clipping a little...back down on the input gain. And both the guitar and bass are too loud in the mix...the drums are drowned out. But otherwise that was great!
                          Last edited by Gtrjunior; 11-15-2019, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Okie dokie!
                            I bought them for you

Comment

Yeah, sounding much better than the last recording (other than the clipping)!

Comment

Thx
                                Last edited by Clint 55; 11-16-2019, 07:42 PM.
                                I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
                                X