2 heads, one cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 heads, one cab

Crap! I dunno why I didn’t even think of the other jack being for out purposes only. I assume the neutric jack is for the amp in. And the other is out to another cab.
    Now I’m worried that I may have damaged something.. I had the spawn head into the neutric jack, but never turned it on. The PV head was into the other and was playing that head. ( could be why it was noisier than I remember..??)

I’ll def run only one going forward!! I just hope I didn’t damage anything!! I played for prolly an hour..
    Thanks so much for the info!!

Prolly be a day or so before I can check the splawn head. I’m pretty scared to now though.
    Is this something I’ll know right away if I jacked it up??
    Last edited by BloodRose; 04-11-2019, 09:06 AM.
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

It's not an "out" only, the 2 jacks are just wired in parallel so both jacks so you can use either, or yes, you can use one to hook up another cab which will put the cabs in parallel.

Comment

Ok, I got the chance to hook up one head then the other. One at a time...!!!!!! Both seem to be working ok (Thank GOODNESS!!!) I definately learned something and wont do this again. Plus, the PV was making a bad hum when both were hooked up, and isnt doing it being hooked up alone.

As far as damage. Is this something that probably would have manifested itself while both hooked up, or is this something that may show up down the road? I had only the PV on while they were hooked up that way and played for maybe an hour or two and didnt have it cranked to the gills or anything. (if that makes any difference)

Thank you all again for the valuable input!! Hopefully, you saved me a heartache!
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I have another one! Just cant fit it in the room right now. haha But, I do have an Avatar 2x12 here, so will hook the PV up to that one. Just need to find out what Ohms rating it is so I can set the amp properly.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
            prolly would/should just do this as the other posts are confusing me. First of all for clarification. Im Not playing thru both heads into same cab at same time.... I just have both heads plugged in (on head into each input) to same cab. cab is 16 ohm and I have both heads set on 16 ohm. I guess for safety sake, Ill either plug one or the other, or plug the PV into my Avatar 2x12. I surely dont want to fork something up. Just trying to figure why the cab has two inputs then....??
            Google your cab. If it's a stereo cab all systems go. Mono means no.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by blaise.brown.7967 View Post
              Google your cab. If it's a stereo cab all systems go. Mono means no.
              The cab is mono with a 1/4" and Neutrik jack, which are in parallel.

BR, can't really say 100%, but if they are working fine now they should be fine. And now you also know where the noise was coming from, the PV was probably seeing almost a 0 ohm load across the Splawn's transfomer.
              Last edited by devastone; 04-16-2019, 02:54 PM.

Comment

If you could, you'd probs have to use low wattage heads.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                  The cab is mono with a 1/4" and Neutrik jack, which are in parallel.

BR, can't really say 100%, but it they are working fine now they should be fine. And now you also know where the noise was coming from, the PV was probably seeing almost a 0 ohm load across the Splawn's transfomer.
                  I hope you are right Bro!
                  I sure hope i didnt fork anything up.. At least I wasnt playing both heads ( I thought about it) and wasnt running the PV hard.. I never dreamed that it would run back through the other head plugged up, especially since it was off and all.. eek!!

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Tube amps are pretty tough, tougher than a lot of people will lead you to believe, it's just that when they fail from stuff like that it's pretty catastrophic (I think that is French for "costs a lot to fix").

Comment

Working...
                    X