Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oddball Gibson Thread....

Originally posted by allbutromeo View Post
    I could never get over the V shaped pickups. I knew a guy years ago that had a later one with standard humbucker, and it was a awesome guitar
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]97510[/ATTACH]

I’ve actually played one of these guys a few times & while I agree that the pickups are not the typical Gibson sound they’ve got a low impedance thing that’s not awful. Plus aside from it being pretty heavy for a V it was extremely comfortable to play!
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
      Most of those "jokes" were limited to production for one month and were mainly intended to appeal to collectors that didn't care for the norm and wanted something from left field.
      Oh I get that, but it is really expensive to come out with a new model. It just seems like a big waste of money.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I feel like most of these pics are actually for Trade Show Booth Bait only.

How can people be so ****in dumb? don't they draw out or visualize their guitar before committing to a **** design?
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by RorySquier View Post

;>)/
          I knew there was that one year when the headstocks were really big...
          "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
            Please tell me that is photoshop and not a real guitar!!
            Real guitar; I think it was made for the Guitar Of The Month promotion that they ran for a year or two.
            "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I agree with itsabass: the pickguard is bad but that Moderne-ish headstock is appalling!
              Half the guitats in this thread I would love to own. The others...not so much.

Comment

Working...
              X