Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oddball Gibson Thread....

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
    I actually have a dream of modding a Government Explorer to be an X-Files tribute. It's a real b*tch to find one in the wild at a reasonable price though. But I want to believe there's one out there for me.
    Absolutely gorgeous man, reminds me of my ES-330 a little bit!!! Just recently I very nearly bought a Gov. Edition Explorer! It had a headstock repair that was actually done really well (with mahogany splines) but in the end the guy was still looking to get like a grand out of it & it just wasn’t that nice unfortunately?

Too bad though, if that headstock hadn’t been broken & he’d been asking the same price, that guitar would be posted here today!!!
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post
      Government series 335, love the unique color

[ATTACH=CONFIG]97373[/ATTACH]
      Links to this series? I’ve never seen it.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	E329FDDC-0B4A-4F40-917C-4502A58B7DBF.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	5813568

Speaking of my ES-330...

In a beautiful flat black finish, adorned with gold hardware, & unlike most Gibson 330’s this one has a couple humbuckers in it. The original pups were pulled out in favor of a factory covered Seymour Duncan A6 Bandito set....

She’s got tone for days!!!!
        I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

I’d also like to state that even with the Reverse V, Corvus, & Moderne up I think I can still top em?

I’ll wait a little longer to see what else comes out of the woodwork before posting it...

Comment

I guess this isn’t very common but I had 2 of them at one point Click image for larger version

Name:	EFE968A8-B9CB-4BD9-89B5-1BF5B575CB9F.jpg
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	5813569

Comment

Name:	yup.jpg
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	5813570That was the other one; sold it to Chicago Music Exchange a few years ago

Comment

Originally posted by zerosturm View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]97376[/ATTACH]That was the other one; sold it to Chicago Music Exchange a few years ago

My 339 was kinda the same deal but I believe they were sold through Sweetwater as a limited run of 1,500?

Comment

Darn. I am in the middle of searching for the right Vixen. I've got to have one (which I will refinish in the gloss paint of my choice when I do get it). I am a sucker for wraparound tailpieces on Les Pauls. I played one before, but didn't have the budget to get it at the time.
                  Originally posted by LesStrat
                  Yogi Berra was correct.
                  Originally posted by JOLLY
                  I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

The BFG line of guitars was a cool concept. I would have done a few things differently though: no inlays, no plastics, raw neck, etc. They are pretty cool as-is though.
                    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Marauder! Unfortunately for this thread, I modded away all the things that make it so odd: bizarre pickups (slanted single coil in the bridge, weak/thin humbucker midway between middle and neck position), odd shaped pickguard, blend pot with a chicken head knob instead of a three-way switch (at least the year mine was built) but how can you NOT love a Les Paul Special body with a Flying V headstock??

This internet photo is EXACTLY what mine looked like stock.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Dave Locher; 04-10-2019, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nostalgic Distortion View Post
                        I’d also like to state that even with the Reverse V, Corvus, & Moderne up I think I can still top em?

I’ll wait a little longer to see what else comes out of the woodwork before posting it...
                        Don't hold out on us, whatcha got?!?

Comment

My swamp ash and maple LP

I still have to swap out the pickups to the JB/JAZZ set
                          And some other mods
                          But look at the back on this

EHD
                          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post

My swamp ash and maple LP

I still have to swap out the pickups to the JB/JAZZ set
                            And some other mods
                            But look at the back on this

Needs zebras or gold covers and gold hardware or something... to make it pop

Or even just black or that dark-chrome-or-nickel-wha****name RoHS compliance stuff...

PS omg the censorship algo won't let me type w.h.a.t.s.i.t.s.n.a.m.e. .... lol, 21st century problems. End times must be upon us...
                            Last edited by Adieu; 04-10-2019, 09:40 PM.
                            "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
                              Needs zebras or gold covers and gold hardware or something... to make it pop

Or even just black or that dark-chrome-or-nickel-wha****name RoHS compliance stuff...

PS omg the censorship algo won't let me type w.h.a.t.s.i.t.s.n.a.m.e. .... lol, 21st century problems. End times must be upon us...
                              i do not agree
                              EHD
                              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Gibson imitating Fender (in the seventies, while Fender was imitating Gibson with the Tele Deluxe electronics)

Name:	IMG_0053.jpg
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	5813585
                                Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Working...
                                X