Oddball Gibson Thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oddball Gibson Thread....

C'mon fellas, pulling pictures off the internet doesn't count, you have to actually OWN one!
    (I know, my photo was an internet grab but I actually DO own the Marauder, it just doesn't look as odd anymore as evidenced by my avatar.)

I think the map guitars were meant to be collector items/promotional pieces. The fact that they actually thought people would BUY the X thing and the SGasm makes them MUCH weirder to my eye!

Speaking of which, I bet a totally different pickguard could make that thing look a LOT better.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      Links to this series? I’ve never seen it.
      Get the guaranteed best price on Semi-Hollow and Hollow Body Electric Guitars like the Gibson ES-335 Government Series at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

Comment

Originally posted by Nostalgic Distortion View Post
        Is that a compressor???
        There was a compressor and an expander. There was a boost too, I believe.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of me playing my old one, but I had a '91 MIII Standard that was cool.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
            Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of me playing my old one, but I had a '91 MIII Standard that was cool.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	404DFCEC-0683-4785-9729-D9251C74813B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	5813612

I’m actually kinda surprised that nobody has posted a M3 yet.

Cool guitars, too bad Gibson was about a decade late with the design.

If they’d released them in 80/81 instead of 90/91 I bet they’d be a lot more popular today!
            I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

I want one of the modern double cut
              https://images.app.goo.gl/8TWjfsQfJ1e8qQqX7[
              EHD
              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]97449[/ATTACH]

If they’d released them in 80/81 instead of 90/91 I bet they’d be a lot more popular today!
                Gibson had their own issues back in '81.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I think the Gibson Sonex-180 was an oddball version of the Les Paul. With a body made of resin it sparks a whole new tone-wood debate.

;>)/
                  sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                    I want one of the modern double cut
                    https://images.app.goo.gl/8TWjfsQfJ1e8qQqX7[

You know I kinda do too...

I’m not going to be spending $2,000+ on one but eventually I’ll come across one for under a grand & grab it up. I actually could have had one with a BAD short grained headstock break that I probably could have fixed given enough time, equipment, & energy but it was a scary one that was going to be expensive to fix so I passed....
                    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      Gibson had their own issues back in '81.

LOL, don’t I know it!!!

I will say that some of the best sounding & playing Lesters I’ve ever been able to own have been Norlin era but there was a lot of garbage too....

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]97449[/ATTACH]

I remember watching this review on the Gibson MIII. I think it's an awesome guitar with a Floyd Rose & 24 frets. They are cool looking offset guitars.

;>)/
                        sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

M3 was an awesome guitar, surprised that Gibson didn't bring that back instead of the modern double

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post
                            M3 was an awesome guitar, surprised that Gibson didn't bring that back instead of the modern double
                            Epiphone has done a few reissues of the M-III.
                            You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                            Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by RorySquier View Post
                              I remember watching this review on the Gibson MIII. I think it's an awesome guitar with a Floyd Rose & 24 frets. They are cool looking offset guitars.

;>)/
                              They're great in every way... except the "straying mom battle panty print" pickguard and trc, that's just wacky
                              "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

1979 Gibson Explorer E2. May be a custom order.

"I am the kind of guy that only buys 100 watt heads just to play at home. I feel like if an amp can't kill a heard of cattle 100 yards away what is the point of owning it."

Comment

Working...
                                X