• Show
Clear All

Re: Describe this "Tone" - Video Clip

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
    Ashamed, desperate, lonely, and broke.
    Metalchurch, I was talking about the TONE, not me myself!!! lololololol

Comment

But on a serious note guys. I was more looking for answers like, (Warm, cool etc...) I get confused when I ask a question someone says a tone is "warm," but I'd call it cool. or "Hot," and I am saying, Hot??? what???.
      What if we went on from here trying to define what "Cool" or "war" even means?

Also, like a lot of you mentioned, I'm sure it was a Strat neck pickup. But is the tone cool? warm?? Meh???

thank for the input!
      Glen in New Hampshire

Comment

You already have your answer in the first couple posts...generally a warmer, thicker, rounder tone. It's all subjective, don't get too hung up on what we think

Comment

I have a Tele with lipstick pups and a Fender amp simulator pedal and it sounds almost like that..

Comment

Oh yeah, I'd put money on lipstick pickups. If you A/B the video I posted, they both have that "tubular" quality (no other way I can describe it) and a very similar sound/response.

It's a fairly easy tone to copy with a regular single coil, but there's a subtle "something" that a lipstick has...kind of that extra jangle you get in a P90, for example

Comment

I think it's a neck single coil -listen to the little clear bite in the attack -that screams single coil to me.

So smooth warm with SC bite, played high on the neck.
              Last edited by NegativeEase; 04-18-2019, 09:11 PM.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

As a gear head, I would describe it as classic Fender style neck pickup (Strat or Tele), run through modern style studio processing – i.e. plenty of compression, not very bright/abrasive in terms of e.q., and pretty darned dry. Could even be achieved with a solid state amp or recorded direct, though I would venture to guess it wasn't either. I guess Strat, as opposed to Tele, but it could be done on a Tele easily.

As for how I would describe it as a music listener: warm yet articulate, sweet but confident, very well balanced in tone and attack.

It's a very middle-of-the road, classic tone processed in a modern way, without much to differentiate it from anything else in its vein. Typical modern country.
                Originally posted by LesStrat
                Yogi Berra was correct.
                Originally posted by JOLLY
                I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                  It's a very middle-of-the road, classic tone processed in a modern way, without much to differentiate it from anything else in its vein. Typical modern country.
                  Word

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
                    You already have your answer in the first couple posts...generally a warmer, thicker, rounder tone.
                    My thoughts exactly!
                    Thanks everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                      warm yet articulate, sweet but confident, very well balanced in tone and attack.
                      ItsaBass, THAT describes TO THE TEE, how I approach my wife sexually! Are you a prophet? lolololol

Comment

Working...
                      X