• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WIth Pickguard or without, need to decide

But you say that to all the girls!

Comment

"Guess I'm missing the point of posting that here."

if ya picy 'bout da pickguard then the trem look makes a difference as well...whale tail with guard....a cleaner trem without...obviously it is a complex thing deciding on the characteristics of a guitar when you get up in to this level...

Comment

I say get the one with the black quilt and switch out a paisley pickguard.
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by justFred View Post
          "Guess I'm missing the point of posting that here."

if ya picy 'bout da pickguard then the trem look makes a difference as well...whale tail with guard....a cleaner trem without...obviously it is a complex thing deciding on the characteristics of a guitar when you get up in to this level...
          Again, the ones posted are actual choices, although FWIW, I don't mind the whale tail, I actually thing the offset mass is a good thing, especially if you flutter (I don't much anymore). The Schaller isn't offered as an option anywhere that I know of. These are the Schecter Japan base models, and are very reasonable, I can get one shipped to the US for less than an MIA Strat. If I was looking at spending $3K+ I would be auditioning some Suhrs, US Schecters, Anderson's, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
            I say get the one with the black quilt and switch out a paisley pickguard.
            Our tastes are definitely different, I was thinking a 1 ply black guard.

Comment

IMHO-without pickguard for the extra wood, direct mount pickups and much cleaner/cooler/classier look!
              MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
              1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
              1988 Kramer Nightswan
              1989 Charvel Sambora
              2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
              Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
              Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                Yes, the guitars look great, hence my indecision.

And yes, that Schaller(?) trem is clean, but I don't mind the Gotoh Floyd with the whale tail, not to mention the Schaller isn't an option. Guess I'm missing the point of posting that here.

Is this more to your liking? Wilkinson 300 series trem, but not sure if the fretboard is pau ferro or rosewood, and I'm not dealing with CITES, tried to figure it out for a guitar in the Netherlands and gave up.

A bunch of Japanese international market guitar flippers seem to advertise that they got the CITES compliance thing figured out and do the paperwork or whatever, just fyi
                "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
                  A bunch of Japanese international market guitar flippers seem to advertise that they got the CITES compliance thing figured out and do the paperwork or whatever, just fyi
                  I prefer maple or ebony anyway, so not really concerned although there is a sweet ESP Mirage in the Netherlands like one I used to own, I would have already bought it but gave up trying to figure it out. From what I understand, I would also need an import license or whatever and that would cost me about $75(?). So if they have figured it out, more power to them.

Originally posted by muttznmongrelz View Post
                  IMHO-without pickguard for the extra wood, direct mount pickups and much cleaner/cooler/classier look!
                  I agree on the more wood and direct mount pickups, although I think the pickguard has a more classy (classic maybe) look. So, I got sidetracked and still haven't ordered one, should probably do that soon. I really like the black with no guard, wish I could get them to come down on price a little, it's $300 more than the blue one.
                  Last edited by devastone; 04-17-2019, 07:05 AM.

Comment

There goes my vote.. and now the winning team is no-pickguard

Comment

I’d vote no guard if you like the guitars as is and have no intent of modifying. If you need flexibility to modify then the white guard pool route is the way to go.

The other consideration, if it were me, is if you’re playing live with it. I prefer lighter colored guitars, pickguards and controls so I can see and change the settings in the dark between the songs.

Comment

I hate pick guards, I think 99% of guitars look better without them.

That's my opinion, if anyone cared.
                        Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                          Yes, the guitars look great, hence my indecision.

And yes, that Schaller(?) trem is clean, but I don't mind the Gotoh Floyd with the whale tail, not to mention the Schaller isn't an option. Guess I'm missing the point of posting that here.

Is this more to your liking? Wilkinson 300 series trem, but not sure if the fretboard is pau ferro or rosewood, and I'm not dealing with CITES, tried to figure it out for a guitar in the Netherlands and gave up.

I like the body grain on this one

Who cares about guilt or flame

EDIT

Oh yeah me
                          EHD
                          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                            Who cares about guilt or flame
                            I have issues with feelings of guilt.

I wouldn't mind the others if they were just alder, I really don't care about the lam tops.
                            Last edited by devastone; 04-17-2019, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Freudian slip

Guilty Flame

Quilty Flame
                              EHD
                              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I generally dislike pickguards but in this case I think it works. I vote yes pickguard. [emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                                X