• Show
Clear All

Re: New speakers today

Just buy em secondhand
    "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Just buy em secondhand
      That doesn't apply if you don't live in an urban center.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
        Not to hijack this thread, but Ive been considering trying a V30 in my Avatar 2x 12 in place of one of the 75s in there now.
        The break in period worries me a bit as I rarely play. So you hit a chord (pun intended) when you mentioned the Hellatones being broken in. The sound similar to the V30s?

Congrats on your new speakers 80s metal! And congrats that they survived the abusive journey to you!
        I haven’t done it, but the internet has examples showing that the Hellatone 60 is just a sticker on top of the Vintage 30 label. And it sounds great!

Comment

^ I can confirm the hellatone 60's are V30s with a new label slapped on. Have them myself.
          TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

I hooked my stereo into my valvestate clean channel and let it roar at pretty high volume for a few hours with a thumping song on repeat.
            Then I let it cool down about an hour then ripped it up again for about 4 more hours with a different stop-start kind of song even louder.

I bet my neighbors hate me.

Tonight I'll go see if they've rounded out a little bit more.
            Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

It's like breaking in a baseball glove. It takes longer than you want it to.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

The only sad part is, I'm trying to tweak a new amp and get it dialed in... So my ears are being tricked a little bit because of these new squealy bastards ha ha ha.....
                I'll get it figured out and these broken in before too long...

Comment

I got a new Texas Heat back in February. Haven't been playing it daily, or ridiculously loud, but it seems to be smoothing out.
                  Just keep playing them loud and proud. They'll get there.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

They will take time, and your ear will take time to become accustomed to the V30 freq range peaks. It isn't the midrange your adjusting to, it's the high freq brittle, scratchy treble that the MIC V30s have in abundance over the UK versions.
                    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Played them for a while last night, they are calming in down bit and rounding out.
                      You're right Van Noord, These were amazingly shrill at first, wow. Much moreso than the older versions.

I had v30's in 2 of my last cabinets as well, I really like the balance they bring to the T-75's.
                      Rock!
                      Last edited by 80's_Metal; 05-02-2019, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
                        Played them for a while last night, they are calling in down bit and rounding out.
                        You're right Van Noord, These were amazingly shrill at first, wow. Much moreso than the older versions.

I had v30's in 2 of my last cabinets as well, I really like the balance they bring to the T-75's.
                        Rock!
                        I have a 2X12 at my studio that’s loaded with a V30 & a G12-100T.

It’s not my favorite cabinet for cleans but it is definitely my best metal/high gain cabinet!

The scooped nature of the 100T/75T really help to balance out the midrange of the Vintage 30 while still keeping its general character.....
                        I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Working...
                        X