Gibson "New Collections Coming" timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson "New Collections Coming" timer

Anyone have any insight into what "new collections" means in the context of Gibson's web site? They have a countdown timer going and in 13 days we are promised these "new collections".

The weird thing is they have already released a bunch of 2019 models. See it here: https://www.gibson.com/

I do realize it's a cheesy marketing trick, and yes, it's worked on me I guess.

"For old fashioned blues and rock, something about heavy tubes, heavy transformers, heavy speakers and heavy cabinets just works." PFDarkside

Re: Gibson "New Collections Coming" timer

Around June each year they come out with a few more variations on certain models- if the 2019 models aren’t selling as they expected they’ll add a few more to add a bump to sales

Comment

I’m guessing it’s the next wave of designs they’ve made under the new administration that they couldn’t get out for NAMM.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Zebras, colored hardware, inlays, or wacky upside-down models... maybe a couple signatures for some grizzled rockers long past their sell-by date

Probably nothing memorable
        "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

^^That was the old administration.
          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Maybe it will be a new round of archtops, which seem to be neglected in the last few years.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Maybe it will be a new round of archtops, which seem to be neglected in the last few years.
              From your lips to JC Curleigh's ears... I'm right behind you on that one.
              aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                ^^That was the old administration.
                Meet the new boss, same as...

Comment

I've come to expect this type of nuanced conversation from someone who chooses to sum them selves up to the singular quote "New stuff always sucks."
                  You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                  Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
                    Meet the new boss, same as...

So far they’ve stayed away from the H.J. era nonsense & I think they’ve tried making it a point not to go down that route, so personally I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt....

The 2019 “back to basics” line up wasn’t bad & it wasn’t really anything special. Which to be fair is basically what the majority of the internet was complaining about with the former CEO & general jackass, Henry J. so I suppose that’s what should have been expected?

As for these new guitars, with their shameless countdown clock, I’m with Mincer & ICT... I think, & honestly hope, it’s them paying a little more attention to their lineup of arch tops! As the proud, though increasingly discouraged owner of several Gibson hollow body & semi-hollow body guitars I really think this is an arena where Gibson could still shine as far as the craftsmanship of what was always meant to set them apart in the guitar industry....
                    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Originally posted by Nostalgic Distortion View Post
                      So far they’ve stayed away from the H.J. era nonsense & I think they’ve tried making it a point not to go down that route, so personally I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt....

The 2019 “back to basics” line up wasn’t bad & it wasn’t really anything special. Which to be fair is basically what the majority of the internet was complaining about with the former CEO & general jackass, Henry J. so I suppose that’s what should have been expected?

As for these new guitars, with their shameless countdown clock, I’m with Mincer & ICT... I think, & honestly hope, it’s them paying a little more attention to their lineup of arch tops! As the proud, though increasingly discouraged owner of several Gibson hollow body & semi-hollow body guitars I really think this is an arena where Gibson could still shine as far as the craftsmanship of what was always meant to set them apart in the guitar industry....
                      Wouldn't that fall under non-revolutionary tweaks, though?

Or did they kill off a bunch of hollows in the recent past?

Anyway, I know next to nothing about them, but there seem to be plenty of SWEET looking hollows at professional-but-not-eyewatering price points available from any number of smaller MIJ / JDM brands... a bunch even apparently more artisanal than assembly line...

Reviews seem to find them equal or superior

Comment

I would call myself a Gibson fanboy, I own 4. I was recently doing some shopping and couldn't find anything that tickled my fancy under $2,000. Whatever they are releasing I can't afford.

Comment

Keeping my fingers crossed for a production Les Paul Special Double-Cut. At a reasonable price point (not like the $3800 custom shop one currently in the catalog).

"For old fashioned blues and rock, something about heavy tubes, heavy transformers, heavy speakers and heavy cabinets just works." PFDarkside

Comment

Working...
                          X