Real/Fake fender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real/Fake fender?

Can any of you Fender guy's tell me if that logo looks legit. I'm not familiar with fenders that much and I know the logo doesn't resemble my 2013. Thanks for any help.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190416_001540.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	5851219

Re: Real/Fake fender?

I'll let the experts chime in, but I'm not buying it...

Comment

Imho it's the headstock shape that's flagging, hard
      "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
        I'll let the experts chime in, but I'm not buying it...
        Yeah something just doesn't look right to me. A woman has it for sale on Facebook for only $250. Advertised as an American Strat.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190416_021247.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	5813639

Comment

Pay her in Zimbabwean "zollars"
          "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Multiple things are not correct with that guitar. Walk away.
            ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
            ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
            ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Lol . . . look at the round bit at the end of the headstock. It's not even close!
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Ha! That’s funny!!!

I mean it probably was MIA?

Cuz it looks like it was slapped together in some 15 year old kids mom’s basement in Michigan...
                I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

The headstock shape is wrong, the string tree is wrong, the bridge has the wrong number of posts, the wood for the headstock looks like it was from a high school shop class, the pickguard is single ply, the knobs aren't aged the same, "MADE IN U.S.A" is crooked, the finish is too thick and plasticky looking, It only has 21 frets, the metal on the output jack is all weird, "WITH SYNCHRONIZED TREMOLO" is not on American Standard Strats, "STRATOCASTER" is written in too bold and slightly too tall a font, those patent numbers don't belong there, and the Fender logo is drawn on with crappy sharpie (also the "n" and "d" aren't supposed to touch, likewise with the "d" and "e". Go look at a Fender logo, there are a hundred other minor details wrong on this example that I don't have the space to go over).

I'd say steer clear.
                  You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                  Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

OMG...that headstock!

Yeah, that's a no-brainer not even close to the real deal. You could have done your own research on this one!

Comment

Chinese Strat copy that someone put a 70s style decal on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah I think I'll stay clear of it. The woman claims it's a 1976

Comment

Offer her 150
                          It looks mint

Love the color

It may not be real but it sure is purdy

But it probably cost 150 or less from China

Get it
                          Sand the logo off

Play that thing
                          EHD
                          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                            Offer her 150
                            It looks mint

Love the color

It may not be real but it sure is purdy

But it probably cost 150 or less from China

Get it
                            Sand the logo off

Play that thing

That ridiculous headstock is a huge warning flag for me. It's so obviously a half-assed fake that I can't imagine the rest of the guitar was put together properly. Save your 150$ and buy a Squire. I'd be shocked if the Squire isn't a significantly better guitar than this crappy knock-off.
                            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

This is going to sound sexist -but it's not intended to be.

Without even looking at the pic, the statement a woman on facebook listing an American Strat for 250 is a gigantic red flag. First, A 1976 American Standard Strat is worth 1500 on a bad day, and 3 to 4k on the right one. -Anyone can find this out in seconds.

Second, Often scammers/criminals use the guise of being a person in a position of "perceived ignorance" as a seller in order to create the sense of a person selling something very unpriced (because the value is unrecognized by the ignorant seller) AND to make the buyer come to terms with the risk of purchasing from an "uninformed seller" AKA -a woman. This takes some of your good sense and suspicion of a likely criminal enterprise possibility out of the equation -as "she's just a woman who probably doesn't know better" -They are basically using your sexist perceptions and cognitive bias to trick you into taking a risk on a guitar.

This person is likely nothing more than a hardened criminal -and probably does this all the time all over the damn place.
                              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
                              X