Real/Fake fender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Real/Fake fender?

First time I’ve ever seen a Fender logo done in crayon. So it’s an American Strat because it’s “Strat style” and an American owns it? Thanks for the laugh.

Comment

Another question about strats, I found a 2013 American with the big Stratocaster logo. I can't find any info on it and I was wondering what it was.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190420_051212.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	5813676

Comment

Originally posted by smitty302 View Post
        Another question about strats, I found a 2013 American with the big Stratocaster logo. I can't find any info on it and I was wondering what it was.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]97590[/ATTACH]
        That first one is a freaking mess. This one I would have to see more of the guitar. Fender did re-release the 70's headstocks some years back.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          That first one is a freaking mess. This one I would have to see more of the guitar. Fender did re-release the 70's headstocks some years back.

Name:	IMG_20190420_064328.jpg
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	5813678

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]97592[/ATTACH]
            Looks to be a highway one Stratocaster in cocoa. Hot pickups, big frets, vintage tremolo , made in USA. Pretty nice guitars

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BeKindRewind View Post
              Looks to be a highway one Stratocaster in cocoa. Hot pickups, big frets, vintage tremolo , made in USA. Pretty nice guitars

They only did cocoa in the early 2000s if remember correctly as a limited edition thing, so it couldn't be from 2013.
              You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
              Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                They only did cocoa in the early 2000s if remember correctly as a limited edition thing, so it couldn't be from 2013.
                I'm probably wrong about the name of the finish, that was just my best guess. Also if it's a 2013 I think it might be actually an "American Special Stratocaster" which were a similar thing to the highway one I believe. Slightly cheaper American model with slightly less fancy features (i.e. vintage trem). But I think those had matte finishes IIRC so I'm not sure. Best to look up the serial #

Comment

Originally posted by BeKindRewind View Post
                  I'm probably wrong about the name of the finish, that was just my best guess. Also if it's a 2013 I think it might be actually an "American Special Stratocaster" which were a similar thing to the highway one I believe. Slightly cheaper American model with slightly less fancy features (i.e. vintage trem). But I think those had matte finishes IIRC so I'm not sure. Best to look up the serial #

That's exactly what it is an American Special. I looked it up after I read your comment. According to musician's friend it has Texas Special pickups. I've never heard of them.

Comment

Yeah something just doesn't look right to me. A woman has it for sale on Facebook for only $250. Advertised as an American Strat.

Name:	IMG_20190416_021247.jpg
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	5813639

I believe that was the "reservoir tip" headstock that Fender offered briefly in 1970-something.

Fender joined forces with some dude named "Johnny Wadd" in hopes of elevating their flaccid sales...

Comment

Working...
                    X