X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Pickups - Les Pauls

Hi All

Turn on closed captions

Tribute to Duane and The Allman Brothers Band Peter McCarthy - Les Paul Guitars with Seymour Duncan Pickups

Peter

Re: Duncan Pickups - Les Pauls

Great job, good technique.

Comment

Originally posted by PMcCarthy View Post
      Hi All

Turn on closed captions

Tribute to Duane and The Allman Brothers Band Peter McCarthy - Les Paul Guitars with Seymour Duncan Pickups

Peter
      That second pickup combination, the Custom 5 + Pearly Gates neck was pretty neat sounding. Couldn't say the same with a regular (ceramic) SH-5 in the bridge.
      Check out my solo singer/songwriter/guitarist work on Facebook!
      Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by OsvyRock View Post
        That second pickup combination, the Custom 5 + Pearly Gates neck was pretty neat sounding. Couldn't say the same with a regular (ceramic) SH-5 in the bridge.
        Actually, did the OP even switch pickups? It seems that the tobacco sunburst was set to the bridge JB all the time and the cherry sunburst was set to the neck Pearly Gates.

Comment

Thanks for listening, yeah...I switched the pickups on the Cherry Burst and used them together.

PM

Comment

Cookin
            The things that you wanted
            I bought them for you

Comment

Great chops and great tone. Nice work, Peter
              Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

How do you feel about the alnico pro amd pearly gates in the neck position? I have the 59 in most of my les paul style guitars and I feel it's a tad bit too boomy and dark. Would either of those two alnico II pups help. I've already got a custom 5 I plan on putting in the bridge pos, and almost bought an alnico pro II for the neck

Comment

Originally posted by rainsong86 View Post
                  How do you feel about the alnico pro amd pearly gates in the neck position? I have the 59 in most of my les paul style guitars and I feel it's a tad bit too boomy and dark. Would either of those two alnico II pups help. I've already got a custom 5 I plan on putting in the bridge pos, and almost bought an alnico pro II for the neck
                  Thanks guys!
                  The TB Paul has a maple neck so the JB and A2P are a good match. I dig the PG on the Cherry burst. It has more grunt and sizzle. I would think the 59 would be the brightest of the 3..I have a 59 bridge in a LP axcess and love it..I'm planning on putting one in the neck as well.

I'm into bright neck pickups. So I raise the screws a tad to match neck radius. I find that makes a huge difference.
                  Thanks again for listening.
                  Peter

Comment

First of all - That JB tone was fantastic on that tune. I used a Custom Custom personally when playing that tune/slide. But - similar EQ curve and we don't know where he set the tone. Nicely done!

Second - Another just great, if understated PG neck tone! Many here, including me approve the PG as the best all around LP neck pickup period.

But...REALLY would have loved to hear the A2P and the C5 sounds!!!!!!
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      First of all - That JB tone was fantastic on that tune. I used a Custom Custom personally when playing that tune/slide. But - similar EQ curve and we don't know where he set the tone. Nicely done!

Second - Another just great, if understated PG neck tone! Many here, including me approve the PG as the best all around LP neck pickup period.

But...REALLY would have loved to hear the A2P and the C5 sounds!!!!!!

Here's a C5 in the Bridge of the LP, except the middle solo which is a 59 in a LP Axcess

Listen to Big Squawk by Peter McCarthy #np on #SoundCloud

Comment

Working...
                      X