Dimarzio Air Classic bridge vs SD 59 bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimarzio Air Classic bridge vs SD 59 bridge

Has anyone compared these two side by side? Wanted to know how they compare tone wise.

Also, if anyone has tried either of these against a Dimarzio 36th anniversary bridge, I'd be interested in that comparison as well.

Would you say one is bassier than the other?
    Last edited by kingrazor; 04-18-2019, 11:51 AM.

Re: Dimarzio Air Classic bridge vs SD 59 bridge

Anyone?

Comment

i had an air classic neck years ago and liked it but never spent much time with the bridge. as far as the 59 vs 36th, the 36th seems to have a more dense midrange and a little less bottom but i havent tried them in the same guitar so take it for what its worth

Comment

I've had both in the bridge of my Strat at one point. The '59 is louder and brighter but sounds great.
        The Air Classic is low output and reminds me of some of the GFS pickups I've tried in the past. OK...
        but not enough to want them in my guitar. I've since gone back to my favorite HB for a Strat bridge...
        the TB-5 Custom...perfect!
        Trainspotter

"...the real key is a good warm delay and lots of lysergic acid diethylamid"

Comment

I've used '59's, bridge and neck models, and they're bright, mid scooped, and bassy. Too much so for me, so I swap out the A5 magnet for an UOA5 and get much richer and better-balanced tones for blues & classic rock.
          "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
          "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Working...
          X