banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Got A Pretty Great Deal On A Pair Of V30’s, Too Good To Be True???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Got A Pretty Great Deal On A Pair Of V30’s, Too Good To Be True???

So I think I’ve just gotten a pretty good deal on a couple of what he claims are unopened 8 ohm V30’s but dudes listing is a little confusing & so are his responses to my questions???

I’m going to post our Conversations and you guys tell me what you think... Also I have tried to redact his name and any personal information about him just because I think it’s just the right thing to do at the moment?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	7463B072-62BD-49E7-AC2A-67DA6AF776EC.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	5851240Click image for larger version

Name:	6C1F8EA8-FBD8-439B-8E58-B3D3B2F7EA6A.jpg
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	5851241

So here’s his listing....
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Re: Just Got A Pretty Great Deal On A Pair Of V30’s, Too Good To Be True???

& our limited conversation after I bought them...

Name:	CC929695-E746-4FB4-952A-4F51BE3211AC.jpg
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	5813657
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

I guess the most concerning thing to me is when I asked specifically if this sale was indeed for a pair of speakers his answer was “Yes 12 inch forgot to mention that” not “Yes, & they are 12in. I forgot to mention that.” If he had worded it a little differently it would be one thing but now I’m starting to wonder if he has a decent grasp on the English language?

Or he’s just really high???������
      Last edited by Nostalgic Distortion; 04-18-2019, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Sounds like some of the grammatical errors I make on this very forum
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Did you get a tracking number?

Comment

The listing clearly says a “pair”.
            Besides, if it’s a scam, Reverb will have your back.

Comment

That's better than I just paid for a pair off reverb.
              Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

I don't know if I would read too much into that statement... as much as I'm suspicious of internet transactions -that could totally be a guy responding while changing a diaper or getting yelled at by his boss.
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Well I’ve gotten a tracking number & I mentioned that I was expecting two speakers more than once so if I only get one in the mail he’ll either be giving me a refund including my return shipping costs or sending me another V30....

If it is indeed a pair of brand new speakers then I’m already very happy with the deal!!!

Fingers crossed!!!!

Comment

What's the weight of the package listed in the tracking info? That should clear up whether it's one or two speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by speed2dirt View Post
                      What's the weight of the package listed in the tracking info? That should clear up whether it's one or two speakers.
                      You know I had thought of this myself last night so I checked. The package coming weighs 24.75lbs, & since V30’s weigh in at just over 10lbs each I’m thinking he sent both? Or if he just sent one it’s very, very, very, well packed!!!

Comment

Make sure you play them LOUD and A LOT.
                        I love V30s, but I'll never buy new ones ever again. They take years to break in before they start sounding their best.
                        Last edited by Van Noord; 04-19-2019, 04:33 AM.
                        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Originally posted by Van Noord View Post
                          Make sure you play them LOUD and A LOT.
                          I love V30s, but I'll never buy new ones ever again. They take years to break in before they start sounding their best.
                          YES THEY DO!!! The last several I’ve had were bought used for this very reason. I’ll probably bring them over to my buddies studio & run some Slayer or $#!ty 90’s EMI through it for a couple days??? Actually that very same friend just got a Harley Benton 2X12 loaded with V30’s & we did this with pretty great results....

Because I’d recommended the speakers 5 minutes after it’s arrival I was getting a phone call from him, “SHRILL AS F@&k!!!” he says!!! I explained that they need to be broken in for a good long while before you can judge them properly. Then I said since you’ve got isolation booth??? Even by just the next morning they sounded exponentially better & within 48 hours great!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
                            That's better than I just paid for a pair off reverb.
                            I know right??? Less than $75 a pc shipped is pretty darn good IMHO!!!

The last time I bought a couple V30’s I also paid $75 a pc for them but the were pretty ragged & it was a local purchase so there wasn’t any shipping to worry about. Guess this dude wasn’t kidding when he said that he just wanted them gone???

Comment

So a package just arrived at my doorstep & there’s definitely two of them!!!

Name:	149DFA87-A7F5-4E73-82E2-818949C20EB0.jpg
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	5813763

Also dude wasn’t kidding about them being new!!!

When he used the term “new” I was expecting a couple speakers that he’d tried & didn’t like so they got put back in the box. These babies are still in their factory sealed bags & have that lovely new V30 smell!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X