banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chapman ML1 HSS Seymour Duncan Pickup Installation Help Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chapman ML1 HSS Seymour Duncan Pickup Installation Help Needed.

Hi All,

I presently have a Chapman ML1 Transparent Black guitar and I want to install Seymour Duncan Pickups. I was thinking about Cool Rails - Neck, Vintage Rails or little 59 - Middle and JB Jr Bridge or Little 59- Neck, Cool Rails or Duckbucker -Middle and JB Jr - Bridge. I need to know how to install Seymour Duncan Pickups in this guitar as it is not your typical install/swap. It has a 3 way selector switch and 1 volume knob and 1 Push/Pull Tone knob. I really need assistance with the install for the above mentioned setup. I play Blues, Jazz, Country and Quartet Gospel Music. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

V/R,

ChiefJenkins, USNR
    Last edited by ChiefJenkins2013; 04-18-2019, 06:56 PM.

Re: Chapman ML1 HSS Seymour Duncan Pickup Installation Help Needed.

welcome to the forum!

cool rails neck, vintage rails middle is a fine setup for a variety of tones. what do you want out of the bridge pup? the red devil bridge pup is pretty great. im not sure what the controls do on your guitar, could you explain them?

Comment

Re: Chapman ML1 HSS Seymour Duncan Pickup Installation Help Needed.

Hi Jeremy,

thanks for your quick response. I was working and could not get back to you. I want to keep the original setup configuration as the guitar is a Chapman ML1 with the HSS setup. There is 1 volume knob and 1 pull/push tone knob. I want to go with the Cool Rails SD - Neck, Vintage Rails - Middle and SD -JB Humbucker - Bridge. The problem is the wiring connections is different and I am having problems matching them up to keep the same configuration. The SD comes with 5 wires Red, Black, White, Green and Bare. I do not know what goes together and where to match up to keep the same configuration adding the new SD Pick -Ups.

NECK: black and bare to ground on volume pot; red taped off; white to the neck side of the 3-way toggle (where the white lead is on original ML1 wiring).

MID: black and bare to ground on volume pot; red taped off; white to the neck side middle terminal of the push-pull tone pot (where the yellow lead is on the original wiring).

HUMBUCKER: Green and bare to ground on the bridge side of push-pull tone pot (replaces the black lead on original wiring); red and white together to the bridge-side middle terminal of the push-pull tone pot; black to 3-way toggle (replaces the red lead on the original wiring).

Please see image below from Blues357 who did the same thing years ago and his recommendations above as to the wiring. However, the SD's come with 5 wires and I do not know what to connect together and to where.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

V/R,

Chief J
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ChiefJenkins2013; 04-19-2019, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X