No announcement yet.

Full Shred Neck With Slugs/Fillisters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Shred Neck With Slugs/Fillisters?

I've heard that the Full Shred bridge is just a dual hex Custom 5 from back before the Custom 5 was a thing. That got me wondering, would a Full Shred neck with slugs and fillisters be a Custom 5 neck?

Has anyone tried this? Is it still possible to get as a shop floor custom?

Re: Full Shred Neck With Slugs/Fillisters?

Full Shred Neck is the same wind as a Jazz neck.
    Charvel, Kramer, Gibson, Fender, MIJ/US Epiphone, BC Rich
    Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega

Comment

It is? Do we have confirmation? Sources?
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by STLMTLHD79 View Post
        Full Shred Neck is the same wind as a Jazz neck.
        Except being wired with another type of wire, with a different amount of turns, and in a different winding machine, I guess the rest is pretty much "the same"...

/Peter
        Last edited by Discharged; 04-21-2019, 04:36 AM.
        Peter Pedersen aka Discharged
        Kolding, Denmark

Comment

Originally posted by '59 View Post
          would a Full Shred neck with slugs and fillisters be a Custom 5 neck?
          Since a Custom neck doesn't exist, then no. Having said that, I got such modded FSn in a customer's Epi Sheraton, modded with the two rows of filisters and an Roughcast A4. As the player played Jazz/Fusion, it was a "match made in Heaven" (his words, not mine). He was most happy with the middle position setting, being an UOA5-modded '59/Custom Hybrid in the bridge.

/Peter
          Peter Pedersen aka Discharged
          Kolding, Denmark

Comment

I tried to alter a fullshred to a custom5 by changing the polepieces and adding slugs but no, didn't sound the same. I'm not really convinced (anymore) they're the same. Ditto for the FS-Neck vs Jazz.

Comment

Originally posted by Discharged View Post
              Since a Custom neck doesn't exist, then no. Having said that, I got such modded FSn in a customer's Epi Sheraton, modded with the two rows of filisters and an Roughcast A4. As the player played Jazz/Fusion, it was a "match made in Heaven" (his words, not mine). He was most happy with the middle position setting, being an UOA5-modded '59/Custom Hybrid in the bridge.

/Peter
              I just put a full shred neck in my Kauer Bansgee, along UOA5 59/custom and it sounds great. Full shred will produce surprisingly good vintage style tones

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post
                I just put a full shred neck in my Kauer Bansgee, along UOA5 59/custom and it sounds great. Full shred will produce surprisingly good vintage style tones
                With the neck tone turned down and the gain turned up, the FSn can get in air Norton territory. I tried it with all fillisters once. Didnt notice a difference. My equipment (and ears) are better now, so I will try again.

The bridge is more of a classic high output pickup. It has a wide and midrange with lower amts of bass and ample treble. It remains tight and all, but I cant seem to get it as modern sounding as a dactivator or such.

A cool set for sure!

Comment

Working...
                X