Thoughts & Opinions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts & Opinions...

I have a 1996 MIM Fender Stratocaster in Candy Apple Red and rosewood fret-board that I'm scalloping. This fine guitar is getting a Seymour Duncan upgrade. I'm putting in a SD Hot Stack For Strat in the bridge position. I want to hook it up to a DPDT on/on switch for series/parallel operation. And for the neck position I'm putting in a SD Hot For Strat SSL-3 (Anico V) pick up. I just wanted to know any of your experiences with these pick ups and why you like/dislike them. The SSL-3 is think was for a bridge position but I'm excited putting it in the neck for a real nice full sound. How would you compare the SSL-3 to other SSL's in the series? Thanks for any replies.

Hot-Stack

SSL-3

;>)/
    sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Re: Thoughts & Opinions...

I have a scalloped rosewood lefty Strat neck that Im not using. If you want it let me know, just keep in mind it'll be a reverse headstock though... Scallops turned out beautiful too.
    87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

well... not sure how the stack will sound in parallel, stacks sound good split and in series. as far as hot stack bridge, ssl3 neck... i think the ssl3 will have way stronger output than the stack

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
        I have a scalloped rosewood lefty Strat neck that Im not using. If you want it let me know, just keep in mind it'll be a reverse headstock though... Scallops turned out beautiful too.
        Hey thanks for the offer but I think I'm good for now. I remember your guitars have scalloped necks. After playing on a scalloped neck do you find yourself finding regular FB's harder to play on. I know it takes awhile to get used to a scalloped fret board. I know you can bend the strings better. I also plan to put 8's for strings on my Strat or maybe even Reverend Willy's Mexican Lottery brand 7's. I could bend up to the moon with that gauge.

;>)/

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          well... not sure how the stack will sound in parallel, stacks sound good split and in series. as far as hot stack bridge, ssl3 neck... i think the ssl3 will have way stronger output than the stack
          Thanks for your response. I think the SSL-3 would be a good balance towards the Stack in series. I guess parallel would have the Stack lower output but brighter sounding. I always found neck pick ups sound a bit weaker after I switch to it from the bridge. Maybe pup height adjustment would solve that. I'm now excited having the SSL-3 in the neck position for pronounced blues leads and such.

;>)/

Comment

Originally posted by RorySquier View Post
            Hey thanks for the offer but I think I'm good for now. I remember your guitars have scalloped necks. After playing on a scalloped neck do you find yourself finding regular FB's harder to play on. I know it takes awhile to get used to a scalloped fret board. I know you can bend the strings better. I also plan to put 8's for strings on my Strat or maybe even Reverend Willy's Mexican Lottery brand 7's. I could bend up to the moon with that gauge.

;>)/
            7 gauge?

Sounds kinda unplayable imho
            "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
              7 gauge?

Sounds kinda unplayable imho
              Tell that to Billy Gibbons!

Comment

There's 2 diagrams below for hooking a 4 conducter pick up. I have a DPDT on/on switch for just series/parallel operation. The jumper wire goes from the top right slug the the centre left lug.

In this other diagram the jumper wire connects from the bottom left lug to the bottom right instead of the centre right lug like in the first diagram. Does anyone know which is the correct diagram or does the jumper wire work the same in both diagrams?

;>)/
                Last edited by RorySquier; 04-22-2019, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Edit:

;>)/

Comment

Working...
                  X