Best FX Pedal For Facemelting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best FX Pedal For Facemelting?

??????????????????????????????????????????

I gotta get in on the action here.

I need a stomp that will allow me to facemelt anyone's face... anytime, anywhere. Including my own.

I want to be able to slam my foot down on a footswitch while I'm playing and BAM! insta-drippy cheeseface!

I tried a Bad Monkey, but best results I got was a runny nose.

Recommendations??????????????????????????????????? ??????????

My heart is black, and my lips are cold
    Cities on flame with rock and roll
    Three thousand guitars they seem to cry
    My ears will melt, and then my eyes...
    Last edited by LLL; 04-23-2019, 01:25 AM.

Re: Best FX Pedal For Facemelting?

This will do it. Lol

Comment

Picture if you will an MT-2 Metal Zone. Now imagine joking around to find the worst possible tone you can get out of one, but then the mids, mid frequency, and treble knobs all get stuck in the same position. You try to fix the knobs, but they aren't budging so you start to get heated. In your anger you accidentally break the bass knob so that it only will rotate from 9 to about 1 o'clock. Then you open up the pedal and try to wire it so that you can have more bass since the bass knob is next to useless. You figure the only way to salvage the bass response of your pedal is to make a sub-octave switch and guess at the component values.

Well that's what this is:

Click image for larger version

Name:	$_86 (3).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	5813738

Guaranteed to scare away all but your most hardcore fans.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
        This will do it. Lol

https://youtu.be/f6Q3SPjBZO8
        He said FACE! (I knew that one would show up here)

Maybe the Suhr Riot, it does a great 80s/90s ish high gain tone. I always liked the Marshall Shredmaster too. I guess I'm not exactly sure what your definition of "face melting" is though, is it scooped mid thrashy tone? full mids, searing lead tone? Down tuned nu-metal tone?

Comment

this fed from Humbuckers with the gain floored and bump switch on, 100hz up gain up, gain stacked with transparent overdrive into a Vintage Fender Circuit with a little tremelo and verb

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
            He said FACE! (I knew that one would show up here)

Maybe the Suhr Riot, it does a great 80s/90s ish high gain tone. I always liked the Marshall Shredmaster too. I guess I'm not exactly sure what your definition of "face melting" is though, is it scooped mid thrashy tone? full mids, searing lead tone? Down tuned nu-metal tone?
            My bad...I completely was thinking of something else.

Lol

Comment

I think the Friedman BE-OD would fit the bill too.

Comment

I'd say the MT-2 as modded by Keeley.
                Unless your idea of "face melting" means lots of farty, I mean "creamy", mids.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Your amp will spit lightning bolts and multiple heads will explode in sync in a chain lightning reaction, including your own.
                  Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
                  Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
                  Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
                  Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Suhr riot is a fail. Yeah - great pedal. But we need a pedal where your chops don't matter.

I'll vote Metal Muff with Top Boost
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Sorry, I suppose I should have added many "??????????" to my question...

Comment

Okay, I guess this one:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                            What’s that?

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                              What’s that?
                              TRISKELION 2.0 - harmonic energizer - I absolutely love mine. Think of it as an overdrive combined with a cocked wah on steroids.

The Triskelion uses vintage Synth technology to re-shape the harmonic structure of the input signal, adding punch, clarity and depth to any guitar tone.

The Triskelion’s specially designed filter can create glassy clean tones, boost midrange for throaty solos, or tune your rig to any room for a wall of singing, resonant feedback. Massive amp sounds, explosive lead-breaks, infinite sustain, and downright nasty, energy-intense tones are just a few of the uses for the Triskelion – the possibilities are almost limitless!

The Triskelion circuit is based on the uber-rare Systech Harmonic Energizer – this pedal was prized by several well-known artists, including Joe Walsh and Greg Lake. It’s most notable advocate was guitar legend Frank Zappa, who used the Systech for many of his throaty, mid-boosted Guitar tones.

Comment

Working...
                              X