CGDGBE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CGDGBE

The guitarist from one of my new favorite bands (Keith Moreland of Pet Shark) turned me on to this tuning: (l-h) C G D G B E.

6th string down two whole steps, 5th string down one whole. Rest is tuned standard. It's easy and quick to swap between this and standard, allows you to use familiar drop D shapes, but extends the range of a standard 6 string considerably. If you're like me and use 10-52 strings, it doesn't even require a different gauge or setup.

A bunch of riffs that I've been kicking around for a long time seem to fit this tuning really well. If you're into drop D kind of stuff, give this one a shot.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: CGDGBE

There is New Standard Tuning, which is CGDAEG. Yes, G above the normal high E.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yikes!

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Imagine this with a 7 string.
        GCGDAEG

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Devin Townsend uses CGCGCE for 6 string, and adds a G below for 7.

The tuning I described is really just drop C on the bottom two strings, standard on the top 4. It's cool for if you like to bounce back and forth between standard & dropped tunings. Kinda goes one step beyond Tool or Zakk Wylde just dropping the low string to B.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
          X