Splawn Owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Splawn Owners?

Ive got a pair of Splawns - a QR and a Nitro - and I cannot say enough good things about them. Both are 50 watt / fully loaded versions with the mid cut and old/new switch. The Nitro is a bit overkill because 3rd Gear in the QR with the ‘new’ voicing and the mid-cut switch engaged will get you about 99% of the way into Nitro territory. To me, the Nitro is like a QR with the drive channel set permanently to 3rd gear. My ‘desert island’ amp would be a fully loaded QR. There just isn’t a sound you cannot find with it. People say they are not known for their clean channel, but I find the clean to be absolutely ‘functional’ - particularly if you do add some chorus and verb through the loop. I love how the amp is so articulate and maintains such great string separation even at really high gain settings. If your chops are ‘so-so’ the QR won’t do you any favors. Bit if your chops are dialed in, you will sound like a God through a Splawn.

Comment

Originally posted by vmbarrera View Post
      Competition owner here!

If you EVER feel like letting go of this Fully Loaded Competition - hit me up... Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by grumptruck
        Sosomething has/had one.
        His album tones were all POD, at least on the first one. (And it was really good)
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Ever since Friedman is doing his own thing, Splawn seems to be dropping off the map?

Comment

Working...
          X