banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is this style of music called? Is it jazz? (James best, on Andy Griffith.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this style of music called? Is it jazz? (James best, on Andy Griffith.)

I realize it may not actually be James Best playing, but on a YouTube interview with him, he is actually playing guitar. I'd love to be able to play this. I love this kind of style.

https://soundcloud.com/art-hall-9120...player-returns

P.S. Is there some way to embed the Soundcloud file in the post?

Re: What is this style of music called? Is it jazz? (James best, on Andy Griffith.)

sure? you can call it jazz if ya want. could be blues. doesnt sound too country or rock to me

Comment

Re: What is this style of music called? Is it jazz? (James best, on Andy Griffith.)

Yap that's jazz.
      The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

Seems like Bluesy Jazz.

If it were Jazzy Blues, you could play it with a JB. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I kinda thought it was in the jazz neighborhood, but wasn't sure. I love that slow, just noodlin', kinda sound. I'm going to load that up in my guitar trainer and see if I can learn it. I'm not sure if I can watch his fingers, because I'm not sure if he's really playing.

Comment

There was a lot of overlap between blues and jazz back before the blues became more heavily codified into a 12 bar religion. Check out some west coast style blues. T-Bone Walker used to occasionally slip in those kind of jazzy chord voicings into his tunes.
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I would call that blues, in the "pseudo-jazzy blues" style often used by T Bone Walker.
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Yogi Berra was correct.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Checkin' out some T-Bone on YT as we speak.

Comment

Working...
                X