Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rode NTK -- resurrected!

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
    You had the mic at a 45 degree angle on the XY axis, or the Z axis? It's supposed to be on the Z axis, no the XY; though I admit I am not sure that will make a difference with a speaker radiating in every direction at once!

If you look at photos, you will see most LDCs are set low on the cone, below the horizon of the voice coil, and then angled upwards.

I had one mic pointing 45 degrees left and one pointing 45 degrees right. My goal was to combine two different close mic'd signals to hopefully get a more accurate representation of the sound of the amp than just one close mic, so both capsules were as close as I could get to each other. It's a 1x12 combo with a 1x12 extension cab on the bottom. Both were about an inch and a half above the cone of the lower speaker, and about three inches to the right. Would that make a difference for distortion?
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I can honestly say I've never used XY on a guitar cab!
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
        I can honestly say I've never used XY on a guitar cab!
        I only use it if i commit to stereo miking guitar if EVERY main or rhythm guitar is miked into the stereo spectrum as well.

I think albums sound weird with stereo or room mics placing them in a stereo temporal and spacial dimension, but other things in the same mix placed into position via a Mono source pan in the mix.

for rhythm instruments like Guitar, Organ, and Drums, mixing both methods makes for a confusing and muddy record often.

-but for things like flying in and out lead guitar locks and such it doesnt matter if you mix it up.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
        X