X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuclear Blues

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13881946

A blues song.

If you don't like 12 bar blues, dominant 7th chords, a shuffle feel, or pentatonic riffs.

OK, maybe not blues. With a post apocalyptic blues feel? Or at least too much reverb? And a big muff?

:P
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Re: Nuclear Blues

Impressive. More fusion than blues maybe. In certain aspects it reminds me of the Doors.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks!

It took me way too long to figure out a lead to play over this progression. This is the third iteration of the tune . . . there were failed jazzier and metal versions.

I'm debating now if I've mixed the lead parts in too high. Sigh. Is it just me, or is it really hard to work with higher gain guitar sounds?

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Didn't sound mixed wrong to me. I don't find high gain stuff hard to work with, rather the opposite. I think that it's much harder to get a good recording of clean sounds, especially with lots of dynamics.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
          Didn't sound mixed wrong to me. I don't find high gain stuff hard to work with, rather the opposite. I think that it's much harder to get a good recording of clean sounds, especially with lots of dynamics.

Might just be what you're used to. I actually find the higher gain stuff is more difficult . . . always running into weird string noise, or tiny bits of extra noise that are would't even make a sound if you were playing clean.

Comment

wow that was different. Polyphonic stuff! I kind of liked that.
            I don't think the leads are too strong.
            Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

I dig the lead stuff a lot -nice work.

The basic track gave me an ear worm for another song -but I won't ever tell you because you won't be able to un hear it
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                I dig the lead stuff a lot -nice work.

The basic track gave me an ear worm for another song -but I won't ever tell you because you won't be able to un hear it

Thanks!

. . . but now you have to tell me what the other song is or it'll drive me crazy. Did I rip someone else off by accident?

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
                  wow that was different. Polyphonic stuff! I kind of liked that.
                  I don't think the leads are too strong.
                  Different but listenable was sort of the goal. I tried to work the leads so that they were hitting notes that make you feel uncomfortable and not quite right, but then resolve to something familiar/correct so at the end you're like "Oh, he must have meant to make that mistake". :P

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                    Thanks!

. . . but now you have to tell me what the other song is or it'll drive me crazy. Did I rip someone else off by accident?
                    Not at all, you can't rip off a few descending chords in a row in my opinion.

and I'm certain you aren't thinking of this song ....ever

plus the music doesn't match exactly, -just the famous lead vocal fits on top perfectly.

So if you song ever goes viral or top 40 -I'll be ready with a mash up!
                    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                      Not at all, you can't rip off a few descending chords in a row in my opinion.

and I'm certain you aren't thinking of this song ....ever

plus the music doesn't match exactly, -just the famous lead vocal fits on top perfectly.

So if you song ever goes viral or top 40 -I'll be ready with a mash up!
                      Spill it!!!
                      Enquiring minds and all...

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                        Spill it!!!
                        Enquiring minds and all...
                        No way!!!

Cant tell you -but I can explain why in a simple quote....

"It will be the White Elephant of your life" . -Werner Herzog

DM'ing you.. lol

Comment

Better than a white whale.

Comment

Cool stuff Stv! Definitely different and fuzzilicious on the leads.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                              Cool stuff Stv! Definitely different and fuzzilicious on the leads.
                              Thanks! I like the sound of fuzz, but have trouble getting it sounding right when recording . . . it's always too mid-scooped, too bassy, or too piercing.

Comment

Working...
                              X