Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nuclear Blues

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
    Thanks! I like the sound of fuzz, but have trouble getting it sounding right when recording . . . it's always too mid-scooped, too bassy, or too piercing.
    It's definitely thick and syrupy! I can imagine it as a dessert.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
      Thanks! I like the sound of fuzz, but have trouble getting it sounding right when recording . . . it's always too mid-scooped, too bassy, or too piercing.
      But, that's how it's supposed to sound.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Digging the fuzz. Is this the Big Muff? Which one and what settings did you use?
        My Axes:

Dean Razorback ML Dime Slime, ESP E-II Eclipse, 1975 Fender Strat,

"Ever since I saw Eddie play when I was a kid, I knew I wanted to learn guitar. After 15 years of playing, I though I would be better by now."

-Me

Comment

Originally posted by jbake View Post
          Digging the fuzz. Is this the Big Muff? Which one and what settings did you use?
          Thanks!

I write everything down when I record, so I can find the settings later on:

It's an old '90s Frantone 'The Sweet' . . . which is basically a germanium big muff with too much gain. No EQ, compression, or reverb done on the lead while mixing . . . what's recorded sounds exactly like what I hear with the amp and pedals. Tone was around 1-2 o'clock, volume up at about 3 o'clock, sustain at about 11 and into my Traynor YCV40's dirty channel set loud to just barely breakup (EQ BMT 666, with presence knob maxed out and reverb off). Then put a little bit of 1/8th note delay through the effects loop.

There's a C. Rex in the speaker combo and an extension cab with v30. The C. Rex was close miced (left guitar - SM57Beta) and the right guitar signal is a room mic (sm81) from about four feet away at my head level. First solo is neck single coil, second and third solos are both the bridge humbucker - All guitar is my Godin Exit 22 with the stock pickups, and the tone/volume rolled a little back.

Big Muff into a loud Fender style amp will get you like 95% of the way there. :P
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
          X