Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA: Waves plugins sale (half off)

PSA: waves plugins are half off.

I’m usually of the mind that I can find good enough free stuff (legitimately free, not stolen) these days without needing to buy plugins. I do have my eyes on a few.

Any waves stuff you think is essential and not able to be matched with a freebie?

Check out Waves Specials, with discounts on popular plugins, bundles and new products in both Native & SoundGrid formats. Get the sound of the pros for less.
    Last edited by DankStar; 06-05-2019, 04:14 PM.

Re: PSA: Waves plugins sale (half off)

I don't know about freebies, but there's lots of "essentials".

Off top of head:

- GEQ Classic/Modern
    - Q1-Q10 (Waves EQ)
    - API 2500
    - V-Comp, V-EQ
    - Kramer Tape
    - Scheps 73 (Neve 1073 channel)
    - CLA-76 (1176)
    - CLA-2A (LA-2A)
    - PuigTec EQ (Pultec)
    - Doubler
    - SSL comp/channel
    - Abbey Road plates
    - H Delay
    - Aphex Aural Exciter
    - iR-1
    Last edited by LLL; 06-05-2019, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Thanks - it’s tough because I only want to get like 1, maybe 2.

My heart wants the j37 tape plugin.

My head says get a versatile EQ and channel or master bus compressor. But I’m a sucker for reverb and that abbey road plate looks amazing too.

Do any of the above EQs have a matching feature? Always wanted that.
      Last edited by DankStar; 06-05-2019, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
        Any waves stuff you think is essential and not able to be matched with a freebie?
        That's a very tough question, possibly with no proper answer. With testing and testing and testing and much time spent on research perhaps you will be able to build a toolkit of nice functional free plug-ins. This free-kit option doesn't mean that Waves plug-ins aren't top-notch and aren't worth the money, especially for a 50% discount that is killer. It is all about using time efficiently and they are great for that. Look around:

- Classic signature packs, awesome compressors and EQs are in there, CLA-76, CLA-2A and PuigTec EQs are nuts for example
        - SSL suite, it is awesome and does taste like the real SSL G4000 console we restored a couple of years ago
        - Scheps channel
        - Waves Tune Real-time, it does what it must a very sublte way (with no robotics) and I think the tracking is the best around to date
        - GOLD pack, it has an ample of spot-on plug-ins for mixing and colouring (great FX in the pack, too), $90 is ridiculously low for the value

As for my essentials, I use waves here and there (Gold pack, CLA suite, JJP suite, Waves Tune Real-time) but the backbone of my toolkit consists of Stillwell + Melda + iZotope + Toontrack + baseline Reaper plug-ins and a small number of outboard units. Nothing fancy really and these are used sparingly, still the kit is capable of melting audio as if it was wax.

Last edited by NecroPolo; 06-05-2019, 05:17 PM.
        Wackor
        Ørdøg
        NecroPolo
        Diabolus in Musica
        SIDrip Alliance
        Book of Shadows
        RKH

Comment

Cool, thanks for tips and info. I just demo'd a few btw. J37 stood out as being quite awesome, however, a free tape sim I have was able to get basically the same effect. Same goes for a couple wave compressors I tested - I can squash very similarly with the stuff I use. And I didn't even really go through my whole arsenal or get into the airwindows stuff I recently downloaded.

I'll look into some of those mentioned above, but it's amazing how the free ones stack up to the big boys.
          Last edited by DankStar; 06-05-2019, 07:11 PM.

Comment

I absolutely love their convolution reverb..IR-1, I think? Also, their Renaissance Compressor is wonderful.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks - it’s tough because I only want to get like 1, maybe 2.

My heart wants the j37 tape plugin.

My head says get a versatile EQ and channel or master bus compressor. But I’m a sucker for reverb and that abbey road plate looks amazing too.

Do any of the above EQs have a matching feature? Always wanted that.
              I could never use the J37 because it used so much processing that my session would always crash. YMMV

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                I could never use the J37 because it used so much processing that my session would always crash. YMMV
                interesting - I guess they recommend it goes on every track individually. that's a lot of instances for sure. my computer is pretty basic, I doubt mine could handle a ton of those running either.

Comment

interesting - I guess they recommend it goes on every track individually. that's a lot of instances for sure. my computer is pretty basic, I doubt mine could handle a ton of those running either.
                  It's a tape saturation plug in...can use it anywhere. Could just put it on the "2".

Comment

Working...
                  X