banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wrote and recorded another song today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wrote and recorded another song today!

Man I'm knocking them out, for better or worse. I just want to get more practiced and learn more and more.
    This song I used a new Mesa Throttle Box for the dirt. It's different and I haven't decided if I'll keep her, or pass her on down.
    It's certainly a Mesa flavor though.

Thanks for listening boys.
    Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Re: I wrote and recorded another song today!

I like the rhythm guitar, lead, and whispering parts a lot. They all work pretty well. Are you using some kind of effect on the vocals? There's something about them that seems to sit a little odd . . . but honestly, I never listen to this style of singing so it might just be my ears unaccustomed to the genre.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Thanks! ...and the word "singing"...might be a bit strong for what that is ha ha.

Yes I have the vocals doubled, and there's a demonic lower voice alongside, all using a tc helicon gtx voice processer on the floor. It's not a full octave lower, but it's lower, there may actually be 2 different lower voices there.
      Last edited by 80's_Metal; 06-07-2019, 09:56 AM.
      Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Real interesting vocal texture. I wonder what it would sound like if you did that only during the chorus or something for an added effect instead of throughout the entire song. It's a nice verse riff. Good job!
        My Axes:

Dean Razorback ML Dime Slime, ESP E-II Eclipse, 1975 Fender Strat,

"Ever since I saw Eddie play when I was a kid, I knew I wanted to learn guitar. After 15 years of playing, I though I would be better by now."

-Me

Comment

Working...
        X