banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Duncan Pickups Was Greg Howe Using Here? (video footage)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Duncan Pickups Was Greg Howe Using Here? (video footage)

Looks like a hot rails (or cool rails?) in the neck.

Would be awesome if someone knew which pickups he used!

Re: Which Duncan Pickups Was Greg Howe Using Here? (video footage)

He used to be a DiMarzio endorser.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
      He used to be a DiMarzio endorser.
      I know, but you can see he has a duncan rail pickup (look where the text is)

people on this very ancient thread also said it was a duncan until he replaced his pickups with dimarzio.

Comment

It may be an ESP pickup, hard to say for sure from that clip but it does like fuzzily like a Duncan logo. I would guess a Hot Rails neck based on his warm, midrangey tones.

Unfortunately the pickups have been changed to DMZs in this pic

Comment

I was thinking the logo looked like Dimarzio

Comment

There's a couple flashes where you can make out the S and D, and it's just too long to be DiMarzio. Seymour Duncan has done rails with the logo both between the coils, and beneath the lower coil.

So it's most likely a Cool Rails, though it's possible it's a Hot Rails or something from the custom shop. He seems to be playing on the bridge pickup--though given his pocket managing to get in the way, could be a shadow--but appears to be the pickup selector in the bridge position. I wouldn't match a Hot Rails against that pickup for most tastes...

Comment

Originally posted by Despair View Post
              There's a couple flashes where you can make out the S and D, and it's just too long to be DiMarzio. Seymour Duncan has done rails with the logo both between the coils, and beneath the lower coil.

So it's most likely a Cool Rails, though it's possible it's a Hot Rails or something from the custom shop. He seems to be playing on the bridge pickup--though given his pocket managing to get in the way, could be a shadow--but appears to be the pickup selector in the bridge position. I wouldn't match a Hot Rails against that pickup for most tastes...
              yeah he uses the bridge pickup most of the time, so he's probably not using the pickup in this video.

I wonder if it's a hot rails or a cool rails

Comment

He's playing the same guitar in this video, but HRs and CRs are exactly the same on the outside so it's pretty much impossible to tell even if you were holding the guitar.

DiMarzio puts the logo between the blades aligned to the left, I don't think they have ever put it in the same location as the Duncan logo.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                  He's playing the same guitar in this video, but HRs and CRs are exactly the same on the outside so it's pretty much impossible to tell even if you were holding the guitar.

DiMarzio puts the logo between the blades aligned to the left, I don't think they have ever put it in the same location as the Duncan logo.

I guess the only way would be to ask someone at seymour duncan or ESP who possibly worked with greg or to ask greg himself

but he seems to prefer high output pickups (at least he did back then) so i would assume it's a hot rails, he used the air norton S after that, which (at least on paper) is closer to a hot rails too.

Comment

Which Duncan Pickups Was Greg Howe Using Here? (video footage)

Originally posted by Reee View Post
                    I guess the only way would be to ask someone at seymour duncan or ESP who possibly worked with greg or to ask greg himself

but he seems to prefer high output pickups (at least he did back then) so i would assume it's a hot rails, he used the air norton S after that, which (at least on paper) is closer to a hot rails too.
                    Find him on social media and ask him directly.
                    Last edited by Gtrjunior; 06-17-2019, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reee View Post

I agree, he tends to like hot, midrangey pickups so I would guess Hot Rails as well. You might be able to contact him through his website if you are desperate to know. If you just want to cop his tone, I would go with the DMZ.

Comment

Working...
                      X