banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YOU play in a Hard Rock band . . . what pick up would you put in this guitar ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: YOU play in a Hard Rock band . . . what pick up would you put in this guitar ?

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
    Gibson custom shop does single pickup versions, but the knobs are usually laid out as follows:

I stand corrected. I've seen R7s like that before, but that R9 is new to me.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Re: YOU play in a Hard Rock band . . . what pick up would you put in this guitar ?

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
      I stand corrected. I've seen R7s like that before, but that R9 is new to me.
      Never mind, that neck pickup one is a ‘Shop. “I can tell by the pixels.” Lol They cloned the area between the pickups to fill the bridge pickup area and the knob areas are a poor fit too.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        Never mind, that neck pickup one is a ‘Shop. “I can tell by the pixels.” Lol They cloned the area between the pickups to fill the bridge pickup area and the knob areas are a poor fit too.
        I see that now. That's a weird looking piece of maple where the bridge pickup should be
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I'd love an LP like that, but I wouldn't play hard rock with it.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Me neither, but I remember when I saw Bush live back when they first hit big and the guitar player was on the neck pickup all night. (I did not bother Googling his name.)
            So one could play grunge on such an object.

Comment

I’ve had good results with a paf Pro and a jb in the neck as an alternative for a bridge pickup. They cut enough and I’ve gotten great rhythm and lead tones.

It’s still weird not to have a bridge pickup for playing hard rock though.

Comment

A new rout near the bridge.

Comment

Watch this move!

DiMarzio Super2, with an under saddle transducer!
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

OK I have a legit suggestion

Click image for larger version

Name:	11486834_800.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	5814608

Comment

Originally posted by regan View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]99153[/ATTACH]
                      This would totally work, but I'd opt for an internal kit.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

EMG 81
                        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Originally posted by regan View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]99153[/ATTACH]
                          Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          This would totally work, but I'd opt for an internal kit.
                          An internal kit and no neck pickup, that'll mess with the guitar players watching!

Comment

Lawrence L500R.

Comment

Dimebucker.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                                An internal kit and no neck pickup, that'll mess with the guitar players watching!
                                I swear I saw an electric with no pickups, only a piezo once.
                                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                                X