Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Pedal Everyone Needs

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
    I think the importance of the popularity question is only with regards to if more manufacturers will be making competitive products to this if demand is rising (that generally creates some powerful variants and a drop in price).... -not whether it's becoming cool or not among guitarists in of itself
    There's already a slew of iR-powered portable products (Two Notes, Strymon iRidium, Mooer, AMT, etc)... meant to allow you to essentially have a lexicon of speakers & cabs (and more) at your fingertips.

Two Notes also has more expensive rack-mount versions of the Torpedo.

The tech has been available for over a decade but the average guitarist isn't familiar with it (earlier stuff being of course VST plugins within DAW).

Anyone who hasn't tried iR technology (portable or studio) with their rig needs to seriously check it out; it is simply amazing. Realistic and versatile tones.
    Last edited by LLL; 11-06-2019, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Re: The Pedal Everyone Needs

Originally posted by LLL View Post
      The tech has been available for over a decade but the average guitarist isn't familiar with it (earlier stuff being of course VST plugins within DAW).
      Yes, good point -the software side on a robust compute proc platform is old news, I think the pedal form factor and putting affordable dedicated chipsets that can do realtime processing fast enough for the type of software application already successful on big compute platforms into pedals is what is newish.
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
      X