X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pedal Everyone Needs

Two Notes Torpedo Cab M

Coming soon to an LLL near you...

Meanwhile, here's a Part 1 of a 5 video (!) expose'...

Re: The Pedal Everyone Needs

"But what does it do, LLL?"

Simply put, it models:

- power amp
    - speaker cab
    - speaker
    - mics (position, depth) x2
    - room

And yes, it uses that newfangled (only if you've been under a rock the last decade) iR technology.
    Last edited by LLL; 06-22-2019, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Art still using those circular edge cases.

Is post AMP DI becoming more popular? Is it because of portability of micro heads making using backline or house equipment more common the reason if so?
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I don't need that pedal.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Kemper does all that
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I need a pedal that models Yngvie's playing, so i can just go sit at the bar.

Comment

I don't need it. I still use real amps.
              green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                I need a pedal that models Yngvie's playing, so i can just go sit at the bar.
                That's no good, then you have to listen to ynigvie as you drink.
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
                  I don't need it. I still use real amps.
                  Real amps? I use a '68 Plexi, '66 Deluxe and ADA MP-1.

And I need it.

So does Pete Thorn:

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                    Kemper does all that
                    That's what I hear...

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                      Art still using those circular edge cases.

Is post AMP DI becoming more popular? Is it because of portability of micro heads making using backline or house equipment more common the reason if so?
                      I don't know about popular... don't pay attention to that.

But this thing is an incredible utility "stomp" for both studio and gigs.

- take your guitar, a preamp stomp and Cab M to a gig - run to FOH & monitors
                      - can't afford / don't have space for multiple speaker cabs? use Cab M
                      - wonder what your "real amp" sounds like with a Royer 121 and SM 57 on it?

etc...

Comment

Using the Cab M with a full sized amp (need a load box for this config) vid here.

I'll be running this config at times with my Plexi. Don't have the space nor the $$$ for a bunch of speaker cabs (let alone vintage ones with Pre-Rolas), so
                        enter the Cab M. Will run my Plexi with Pre-Rolas, Blackbacks, 65s, etc... either through power amp+speaker, or through DAW.

Another config I will use is - I've never had a speaker sim tied with the ADA MP-1 (it makes a world of difference; sounds great in DAW) - enter the Cab M.

So:

ADA MP-1
                        |
                        Cab M (modeling speaker cab/speaker/mic(s) )
                        |
                        Quadraverb (post-amp FX - just like studio)
                        |
                        power amp
                        |
                        speaker cab

The ADA goes live again (but this time, the correct way)! Having the Cab M is like taking part of the studio with you.

Comment

I can haz it.

And yes, it is awesome.

Just the fact that I can adjust the mic placement (x2, no less) is an incredible feature by itself.

The power amp modeling (push-pull / single-ended / EL34 / 6L6 / EL84 etc) sounds t!t$ as well.

And yes, it has an SD card.

Patched through my ADA MP-1 for first live test with excellent results; other configs (full amp, DAW, etc) to be tested soon.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                              I don't know about popular... don't pay attention to that.
                              I think the importance of the popularity question is only with regards to if more manufacturers will be making competitive products to this if demand is rising (that generally creates some powerful variants and a drop in price).... -not whether it's becoming cool or not among guitarists in of itself
                              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
                              X