New Singles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Singles

Here is one from my band out on YouTube as well as every streaming service ever. Fun, happy tune.

Administrator of the SDUGF

Re: New Singles

Released Dec 2018? Was it in another form before?

I hear at least three different guitars: warm jazzy electric, fuzzy lead, classical. What were the guitars and signal paths going on? All you playing?

Comment

I did all the guitars, bass, and keys. There is the jazzy electric was the Godin Montreal Premier with a 59 and Jazz, surfy sounds, and swoopy distorted parts, were my Music Man, with an Alnico II Pro and Custom Custom. I used a Yamaha nylon string, and a Variax for the acoustic parts. Bass was a Squier Jazz. Mellotrons and pianos were just VSTs.

Comment

Love the slinky guitar lines on the “surf” guitar. Pulled the ear into unexpected places just right.

Comment

I liked the variety of sounds (that I wouldn't have expected in the same song) working together really well. That made it original and very interesting.

Comment

Also, about 3/4 of the way through there’s the big gap of silence. The anticipation was great. I knew “something” was about to happen!

Comment

Really dig the vibrato accents for rhythm...and the licks trading off with the vocals...very refreshing work...thanks...

Comment

Oh, that was very nice and breezy! Reminds me of the type of stuff you would hear coming out of Red House Records.
                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I liked all the guitar work, but the surfy sounding stuff was a standout. Singer's no slouch either.
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Thanks guys! For something a little different, here is our other single out this month. It uses the same guitars, except it adds a 6 string Adamas and a 12 String from a Variax Acoustic.

Comment

Not the kind of stuff I would normally be into but they're both pretty cool & have some sweet guitar work...especially liked the trade-off between those trem bends & the Acoustic/classical type stuff in the first track..
                      "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                      If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

The second song is a very solid pop tune, but it doesn't sound as fun to play on guitar as the first. :P
                        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Actually, it has some fun inversion of the chords, and tricky effects switching live.

Comment

Really liked the second song, too!
                            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Not my kind of stuff but good stuff. Nice playing, overall orchestration and the vocalist gal has style. What I really dig is the heartbeat groove at the end. Subtle dark touch to complete the story told.

I don't know if you know me already by forum comments that much but anything softer than Neurosis makes me cringe. The second song is a pop song but it did not make me angry. I'd definitely would not feel the urge to break the radio if it was aired there. Or, if I hadn't smashed the poor thing decades ago.

Er... You know. Compliments. I was never good at it. I sincerely think these are good tracks and listening them was not time wasted.
                              Last edited by NecroPolo; 06-25-2019, 05:44 PM.
                              Wackor
                              Ørdøg
                              NecroPolo
                              Diabolus in Musica
                              SIDrip Alliance
                              Book of Shadows
                              RKH

Comment

Working...
                              X