No announcement yet.

Canon For A Dying Sun (For Strings and Well-Tempered Synthesizer) - WIP thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Canon For A Dying Sun (For Strings and Well-Tempered Synthesizer) - WIP thread

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
    Kinda wanted the synths to drop back a bit and the guitar to come up during the guitar parts at around 5:10 - 5:40.
    This

Also, would it be possible to feather in the transition at 1:58 a little more?

Sounds really good overall!

Comment

Re: Canon For A Dying Sun (For Strings and Well-Tempered Synthesizer) - WIP thread

Thanks for listening and joining me on this adventure!

There is no post added to these tracks, these are live-performance songwriting demos, so it's unlikely that I will be adding any automation.
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Parts 3 and 4 are blocked out and started sequencing last night. Tying to make a little more space, memory wise, to squeeze in a horn line! Really like how Part 3 develops in particular, there are two string parts that alternate between contrary and parallel motion creating an interval pattern of octave, major third, minor third, perfect fifth, and then it reverses. Over that I think I play every 80s Alex Lifeson style guitar chord lol.

Comment

Part 3 is done but I caught a summer flu! So, minor setback for a few days...

Comment

Quick update -- suffered a minor setback, in that the MC-500 ate my floppy disk! So, I've had to rebuild the song from scratch! I've since worked out some improvements to the arrangement and also some redundancy/back up in case of another catastrophic failure. Lesson learned! But the piece is almost complete now and sounds better than ever!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190818_215547.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	5816821

Comment

lol . . . were they out of 5 1/4 floppies? Those have better digital tone. :P
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Okay, I'm in the thick of it now, putting the finishing touches on the demo. Here's the solo section from the fourth movement. More to come!

Comment

I like it. Still feel that the guitar is a tad buried though.

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Here's the big finale for the song; it still needs the final synth parts but even without that it's suitably epic.

Comment

I like it. Still feel that the guitar is a tad buried though.
                        Thanks for listening. Still early days for the demo.

Comment

I like part five the best. I'm picturing a movie where the lead character has just suffered defeat at the hands of his enemy and is stony-faced driving down a dark road at night. Possibly with sunglasses on. :P

Comment

I like part five the best. I'm picturing a movie where the lead character has just suffered defeat at the hands of his enemy and is stony-faced driving down a dark road at night. Possibly with sunglasses on. :P
                            LOL, of course!

Comment

And, here's the intro!

Comment

Very nice! Sweet voice samples & the synth sounds massive! Like the way it builds & the guitars come crashing in...oool lead swells at the end there too. Interested to see how it pans out...certainly has an EPIC start to it
                                "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                                If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X