banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me figure out what pickups are in my guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me figure out what pickups are in my guitar?

So I bought a Jackson King V kvt (link below) that should have SD ‘59 and JB Pups. About a week later l, the lady I bought it from reached out saying she had another Jackson pickup. It was her late husbands guitar and she really has no idea if he made any modifications. The extra pup she gave me is a black humbucker with a Jackson J-50B sticker on the back. No branding on the front. Can any Seymour Duncan or Jackson experts shed some light here? I’ll try to attach pics of the extra pickup

The extra pup is a little gunky which makes me think it was in a pick up cover which this guitar has.

Also how much work would it be to pull out the pickups in the guitar to look at them ?

Thanks!

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson...tric-Guitar.gcClick image for larger version

Name:	48C2296C-51A6-47D0-AF5D-F6D526898EAC.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	5851844Click image for larger version

Name:	8A32FDBA-06FB-4FC4-950E-32B8351FBC1F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	5851845

Re: Help me figure out what pickups are in my guitar?

That is a Jackson J50B from the late 80s or early 90s. It falls into the slightly hotter PAF range and comes stock with an A5 magnet.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
      That is a Jackson J50B from the late 80s or early 90s. It falls into the slightly hotter PAF range and comes stock with an A5 magnet.
      Hmmm any idea if they’re only used in Jackson guitars?

Comment

Jackson makes them, so I'd assume so.
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Judging from the wax in the picture, it probably was covered, most likely one of the black plastic EMG style ones with the Jackson logo on it. From what I could gather on the Jackson/Charvel forum it's a US made pickup, kind of a hot PAF. In addition to Jacksons, those would have also come in some Charvel models from the same period.
          sigpic
          Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Working...
          X